Round One

Third Person POV

We see a view of the golden sun in an orange sky over the tall grass and autumn trees. In front of Summer's Gravestone is a young girl with a cloak billowing petals in the breeze. Hands clasped and hood up, Ruby. and a H/C haired guy with a black trenchcoat and a giant katana on his belt. Y/N, they stand over the white stone memorial.

Ruby: Hey, mom.

She looks down at the inscription: "Summer Rose – Thus Kindly I Scatter"

Ruby: Sorry I haven't come by in a while. Things have been... well, things have been, pretty busy. Oh, Dad's here, too! He's, uh, you know... Dad. He's still teaching at Signal. But he told me that he's going to be on some mission soon. I think he misses adventuring with you. I miss you too... Haven't gotten kicked out of Beacon yet! So that's cool. I think being on a team with Yang helps. Keep her in line... That was a joke. She's actually a really great fighter! You can tell she's learned a lot from Dad! Oh, so are Weiss and Blake. Oh! They're my teammates! Together, we form Team RWBY! And yes, before you ask, that does cause a lot of confusion. Anyways, I made a bunch of new friends, and then I met some... let's just say, uh, odd teachers. Oh! We've also stopped some bad guys, too! I guess it's like they say: "like mother, like daughter"! I still wonder why Ozpin let me into the school early. But uh, I guess he'll tell me one day. You know how he is. It's funny, the more I get to know him, the more he's starting to sound like Uncle Qrow. Oh! Also I got a boyfriend! He would like to speak with you! His name is Y/N!

Y/N gets on one knee and lays his gloved hand on the stone.

Y/N: Hello Summer. Yes, I am Ruby's boyfriend.

Y/N found a chant in one of Ozpin's books on magic when he was looking around that supposed to bring people back from the dead, Ozpin told him that the spell has a 1% chance to work and if it doesn't the caster has a chance to get put into a coma with how much the spell takes out of you, but Y/N is willing to try and take this risk for his beloved rose.

Y/N: Ruby, can you please stand back?

Ruby is confused but obliges.

Y/N: Choono slalem denni tay'lori olee-ay. Lucheno vadem klavlane. Blenay vedi nalem koreem. Blenay vedi nalem koreem.

The wind is howling, almost blowing Ruby away and a light emerges from the tombstone as Y/N hair and trenchcoat dance wildly in the wind.

Y/N: VILLOS SUSKO KONO LAMAL! VLEMON TAGOO!

Light erupts from tombstone, breaking it as Ruby and Y/N get launched against a couple of trees. Ruby opens her eyes after a bit only to be met with Summer running up to her and hugging her tightly, alive and well.

Summer: Ruby!

Ruby: M-M-M-Mom?

Ruby has tears in her eyes and her hands are shaking.

Summer: Yes my little rose! It's me!

Ruby: MOM!

She suddenly wraps Summer in the tightest hug she can manage. Y/N smiles at the scene, being reminded of when he found out Ozpin was his father. They release.

Ruby: H-How are you here?!?

Summer: Your boyfriend brought me back!

Y/N: I hope you like your gift Ru-

Ruby suddenly slams her lips onto those of Y/N and tackle hugs him to the ground. Summer can't help but smile at the sight. They release after a good few minutes. Y/N and Ruby stand up from the ground and wipe any dirt off their outfit. Y/N then shakes Summer's hand.