Chapter 18

Langston’s POV

“So are you gonna tell me now? “ Madison said walking into my room. “Tell you what?” “Why you don’t like ole’ boy.” He said “Oh. He’s bad news bruh. Slings, smokes, drinks, fights, and that bitch pulled a gun out on me the other day?” “Whaaat?!” Madison screeched “Mhm. But I got a gun myself from David.” “You sure you want a gun? That ain’t like you bro.” Madison said throwing my basketball up in the air. “It’s not me at all, but I’m not gonna walk around unprotected.” I said sighing.

Jamall has me all out of character, but I can’t be a bitch about the situation and walk around defenseless. “Does Kyla know this?” “Nah. I’m sure he’s got his halo on when it comes to her.” I said “Are you gonna tell Ky?” “Tell me what?” Kyla said walking in with her bags in her hand. “Nothing. We were saying how I was thinking of going to camp with Madison while he’s here.” I lied. “Okay then..” She said sitting her bag on the ground and laying beside me.

“So. What are we gonna do now?” I asked, trying to avoid Ky’s eyes, if I looked in them I knew she would figure out I was lying. “I’m kinda beat. Dance been kicking my ass lately.” Ky said sighing. “I got a date.” Madison said “With who?!” Kyla and I said sitting up. “Spalding.” He said taking the ball from my room and walking away.

We laughed and resumed our places on my bed. “Langston.” Kyla said “Yes ma’am?” “Don’t call me ma'am, ew. I wanna go play ball with Madison.” “Gone head.” I said “You’re not coming?” “I had AAU practice today, no thanks.” I said laughing “Oh, I forgot. I’ll stay with you then.” She said turning on her back. “You going to bed?” “She asked me “Only if you’ll be quiet.” I said “Well damn.” She said laughing. “Night Bestfriend.” she said “mhm.” I said laying on my stomach.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment and Fan!