Chapter 12 - Love Contamination

Chapter 12

"That's a good joke," I laughed at the headmistress' face. "So, why am I really needed here?" I stared at Professor McGonagall's face to wait for her answer but she was staring back at me with a serious expression on her face. "Are you out of your mind?"

"I am not out of my mind and I am most certainly sure of my decision, Ms. Everheart," the headmistress responded.

I looked at Draco and saw that he was just looking at me. "What are your thoughts on this, Malfoy?"

"I'm fine by it," Draco shrugged. "It wouldn't hurt being the Head Boy after all,"

"Mr. Malfoy is a wise choice since he's been here long enough to know how things go around the school," the headmistress explained.

"I just want to make it clear that I just transferred here," I pointed out. "If Malfoy is a wise choice, I'm not. Do you want the school to get ruined? Because let me tell you, I can destroy this school without even breaking a sweat,"

"Mr. Malfoy will be there to guide you," the headmistress acted like I hadn't even said anything and plainly ignored my remark. "The two of you are dismissed."

***

"What in the name of Blimey just happened in there?" I blurted out right after we went outside the headmistress' office.

"Congratulations," Draco patted my back like he wanted to mock me. "You made it as the Head Girl. Aren't you happy?"

"Happy?" I repeated. "Who would be happy getting appointed to a position that you don't want? And she just plainly ignored me!"

"You sound like a child,"

"I'm not!" I whined. I started to feel self-conscious since I was with Draco. This was our first casual talk ever since that night when I just got back from the past and Draco was there to comfort me.

*Flashback*

I thought of the first place that came into my mind and landed in the common room of my present time. It was already in the evening. I fell on my knees and started to cry heavily. The pain in my heart was too severe that I couldn't even think straight of what to do next.

"Everheart?" a familiar voice called for my name but I ignored it. I was not in the mood to argue with him. He should just leave me alone...but his figure strolled towards me. Was he going to mock me? "What happened?" he kneeled beside me and patted my head. I didn't mind his gesture.

"M-Malfoy," I stuttered. "I don't know what to do anymore," I found myself leaning on his chest and grabbing his sweater.

He was warm.

I didn't know if it was out of sympathy that he circled his arms around me for comfort. But other than that, I was grateful of his existence right now.

*End of Flashback*

I mentally slapped myself so I wouldn't be able to think about what happened that night. I learned that my parents were death eaters and they sacrificed themselves so I wouldn't be able to become one. Even though I could save them, I didn't...because I was a coward.

And Draco Malfoy was there to witness me in my cowardly state.

"Thank you," the words slipped out of my mouth that made Draco to stop walking.

"What?"

"I said thank you," this time, I spoke much louder.

"What for?" he frowned.

"For being there," I looked at him straight into the eyes so he would see my sincerity. "I haven't gotten the chance to thank you before, right? Thank you for being there, Malfoy," I didn't have the chance to thank him since I practically walked out on him in the morning because I honestly didn't know what I would say to him.

"Did you just say 'thank you'?" Draco's lips were curling up into a smile.

"Don't get used to it," and with that, I walked away from him...again.

***

"That's so cool!" Mable exclaimed. I wouldn't be surprised if she started jumping up and down. My roommates and I were now inside our room and the both of them asked what happened during detention so I told them the whole story.

"You would be able to use the prefect's bathroom in the fifth floor," Sapphire added.

"What's so good about that bathroom?" I asked.

"Only the prefects get to use it!" Mable explained.

"And so...?" I raised an eyebrow at them.

"Why don't you try and use it?" Sapphire suggested.

I stood up from sitting on my bed and grabbed a spare of clothes. The prefect's bathroom was sparking up my curiosity.

***

I went to the fifth floor and said the password. I was in awe when I stepped inside the bathroom. In one side of the room there were the stalls with toilets inside. Opposite the toilets, there was a large, swimming pool-like tub with bath taps surrounding it. The pool-like bath was sunk into the ground and was not above ground. The bath taps all ran different-coloured bath water, soap bubbles, foam, towels, and bath robes.

"This place is amazing..." I whispered to myself.

I took off my clothes and dipped myself into the tub. I now knew why people were making a fuss about this bathroom.

I wouldn't mind being the Head Girl if it meant getting access to this place anytime I wanted.

I heard the door slammed shut and that made me turn my head to look at the newcomer. I immediately soaked myself all the way at the top of my mouth to cover myself.

"E—Everheart?" Draco stuttered, all in glory of his half-naked body.