sixty nine.

real life.

CHRIS STOOD OUTSIDE the apartment door

CHRIS STOOD OUTSIDE the apartment door. A few minutes ago he got a text from Anna, saying he was in the clear. A few hours from now he'd be professing his love and asking her to be his wife, which was so nerve-wracking.

Unlocking his phone, Chris quickly went to his messages with Carmen.

"Come open your door, love." He typed out, sending it and shoving it into his back pocket.

Chris could hear her giggles as she got closer to the door. He bit down on his lip when the door was opened slowly, Carmen just barely peeking her face out. A grin grew on her lips as she caught sight of Chris.

He swore he's never seen a door being open faster than when she flung it and ran into his arms. Her giggles were like to music to his ears as he tightened his embrace around and gently spun her around.

"I missed you so much," Carmen whispered, being put back on her feet.

Chris hummed softly, "I missed you too, my princess."

Carmen pulled back slightly, a smile pulling at her lips as she brought Chris' head down and pressed her lips to his in a bruising kiss. He didn't hesitate to delicately place his hands on her hips, enjoying the kiss that he knew was full of love and that said she missed him way too much. Chris pulled her closer, pressing her small body against his as if his life depended on her. He ceased the kiss after a long moment, resting his forehead against her's and smiling softly.

"I missed you so d–mn much, Christopher." She mumbled.

He laughed quietly, "I can tell. I love you."

"I love you too."

• • •

Making dinner proved to be difficult when Carmen wanted nothing more than his attention. Since making dinner didn't work, they ordered Chinese and were still happy.

Chris and Carmen sat on the living room floor with their food and wine, dressed in their pajamas. Carmen couldn't help but giggle once a thought went through her mind and she shook her head.

"This is the best way to spend an anniversary." She whispered.

I know a way to make it a whole lot better, Chris thought. A smirk made its home on his lips, but he kept his mouth shut. He was trying to make this go somewhat to plan.

After few more moments of eating in silence, they both finished. Carmen began to stand up and collect the trash.

"Hey," Chris got her attention just before she turned the corner. Carmen looked back and smiled. "I love you, Princess."

"I love you too."

Chris made sure to pick up the glasses so they weren't in the way. He quickly found the ring in his pockets and hide it in his hands as he propped himself up on one knee.

He was finally doing this.

Just a few seconds, Carmen rounded the corner again and came back to the room. She froze, however, when she saw his stance.

"Come closer, baby doll." He coaxed.

"Chris," she murmured, now standing before him.

He could only grin at her. He slowly unveiled the box and ring, listening to her gasp and gently taking her hand.

"We've talked about this, and it's been my dream for awhile now. There's no other person I want to be my wife or the mother of my children. I never knew you'd mean so much to me, princess. Will you marry me?"

Carmen couldn't get a response out, bringing a fist to her mouth to stop from crying out. She swallowed and nodded, rasping out.

"Yes. I'll marry you."

Chris smiled, standing up and sliding the ring onto her finger. Carmen couldn't stop herself from wrapping her arms around his neck, connecting their lips in a passionate kiss. His hands gripped her waist as the kiss lingered for a long amount of time.

Carmen giggled, ceasing the kiss when Chris picked her up and wrapped her legs around his waist. He peppered small kisses to her lips as she continued to giggle.

He smirked, "I think I'm ready for dessert."

"Christopher!" She gasped, laughing a little more when he started to walk towards the hall, but she never stopped him. She only cupped his face gently and pulled him in for another kiss.

After this, they won't need to miss each other much longer.

•  •  •  •

whoops? 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️ here we go! only six more chapters left, guys!