Only Us Two?

I stared at the dead body that laid in front of me. Jamie's head facing towards me. Did she just try to kill me? I looked to the side, lava pit still rising informing me and Luke to start towards the next floor. My brother...

Edward

Ed

I started crying. I knew he was safe but it still hurt. He was always going to be with me. He was going to make this year easy. Now not only are my new friends gone, he is too. I tripped over the stairs, I laid there, watching the lava about to reach me as I was crying. I felt Luke hand on mine, "Come on, I made a promise didnt I?" I looked at him as the lava almost touched me, the heat radiating off of it burnt my skin. Luke picked me up in his arms taking me up to the 4th floor. "What if-"

"No Lex if you wanted to you would have just jumped on in.." I nodded looking into hi enchanting hazel eyes.

"Luke.. why did you go through with your sisters wishes before she was dead?"

He looked hesitant to answer me, but answered quickly, "Beause there was just this feeling about you that you were different and I couldnt think of you any less of some friend. Not only would making that promise to you forfil my sisters wishes but it would also make us close." I smiled and hugged him tight.

"You know I think I like like you Mr.Luke" I giggled looking into his eyes.

"You know I have always like liked you Ms.Lex" He came closer to my face, touching it softly with his palm.

He toys with your emotions Honey

I looked deeper into his eyes ignoring Kat's warning, melting into his touch. He brought our faces closer together as he whispered in my ear, "You know I think that you would make a perfect Mrs.Luke" I felt the blush creep onto my face, but suddenly go away when the speakers rang,

"It is up to which of you will survive till the end. Fight to the death is what I would perfer to call it." I sighed as the speakers stoped and I looked into Lukes eyes once more. "I think I fall more for you every time you worry, you can be to kind Lex.." I smiled at him but soon stood up from the floor.

"You are not toying with me right?" I looked at him.

"No this may be the last time I see you alive. I wouldnt do that to anyone, esspecially not you.." He mummbled the last part as I looked straight into his eyes. "You wouldnt right?" He shook his head and took my hand. "How about we find you a bed, its going to get late.." I smiled as we advanced towards the rooms.

~~

I watched him as he slept this morning. His firm chest slowly rising and falling. His cute shaggy hair all messed up, his long eye lashes hiding his closed hazel eyes. I heard him groan as I stood up from where I sat. His eyes soon fluttered open and met mine.

"You have the most enchanting eyes I have ever seen Lex" I felt the blush on my face and turned away.

"So what are we going to do? Just wait it out and die together?"

I heard a sigh as the bed creaked. He came over and made me face him. "I have a plan..."

As he explained I felt the tears on my cheeks, "B-But" He hugged me, "Come on lets go outside.." I sighed and admired his features as we walked towards the patio.