Chapter 17

The arrival was short and sweet, many happy faces yet a few unhappy faces. Fuze and Twitch was still abroad and Thermite was just allowed to come back.

Monika brought her boyfriend into a tight hug before softly crying into his shoulder. He embraced her, putting a hand on the back of her head and gently stroking her hair.

"I've missed you so badly, Liebling..." Monika sniffled, not loosening her hug.
"I've missed you too, a lot..." Marius smiled, glad that she was back to him safely.
"I'm so tired, I just want to sleep but I want to stay with you..." Monika released the grip slightly and pulled back, looking up at Marius.
"I'll be with you, don't worry. As much as I hate to say this but... I'll let you do what you want." He smirked, earning a large smile and a quick kiss.
"Danke, Liebling..." she wiped her eyes, still red and wet from crying. Marius lifted a hand to her face and softly caressed her cheek.

Completely ignoring all of the other operators in the room, they recovered slightly and went hand in hand out of the room. Marius relieved her of the heavy bags and gave her the keys to their apartment.

"So... how was it, America?" Marius asked, breaking the silence that had grown between them.
"Different, I'd definitely say that... louder than England and back home. But I'm sure a lot of countries are like that. Everything seemed a lot bigger. The food we got wasn't much nicer than the stuff we get here but we are kind of spoilt here."
"Meh, I wouldn't really say so. In Germany we were spoilt." Marius replied, chuckling.
"Oh yeah, we were." Monika giggled.
"How was it without half the team?"
"Quiet, and boring. Not the same without you and Elias, that's for sure- talking about Elias. Where is he? I didn't see him." Marius asked, raising an eyebrow.

Monika froze, her facial expression dropping. She looked at Marius with saddened eyes. She looked around before taking in a deep breath.

"Elias... he, he was captured. By the White Masks. Along with Capitão. They were on a patrol late this morning-"
"Wait," Marius furrowed his brows in anger "what do you mean, captured?"
"I'm sorry Marius, it's what I mean..." she started tearing up again, "they tried their best to get them back, they did. But we have no leads!"

Marius sighed heavily, pinching the bridge of his nose. He looked up at Monika, who was standing there crying, allowing the tears to crawl down her cheeks.

"I'm sorry Marius, I tried my best-"
"No, don't blame yourself. That's the last thing I want you to do. All we can do now is hope for their safety and that the FBI is doing something to save Elias and Vicente."
"Yeah, true. I just... mng... wished that I could do something more..."
"Mon, don't blame yourself. It wasn't your fault." Marius used a thumb to wipe away the tears.
"I know but, I don't." She sighed heavily, "I just want to crawl into a ball and sleep..."

"I understand that, let's change the subject... maybe you should go to bed straight away. Have a shower and get into bed. I'll be with you when you need me," Marius picked the bags up again and walked a couple paces to their apartment door. Monika quickly got to the door and unlocked it for him.
"Thank you, m'lady." Marius smirked as he carried the bags into the room and walked into the bedroom, leaving Monika to step around the living room. Everything seemed the same except for one bouquet of purple lilacs on the coffee table, she looked towards the bedroom before quickly going to inspect them.

"Those are for you, I wasn't quite sure but I hope you like them." Marius said calmly, leaning in the doorway of the bedroom.
"They are beautiful, thank you." Monika smiled sweetly, looking at the flowers.
"No problem... it's not like it took me about two days to check which ones you like, what colour and what I could get for you once you came back so... yeah." Marius chuckled lightly, scratching the back of his head. Monika giggled a little, looking at her boyfriend.

"Thank you, Marius. They're wonderful." She stood up straight and walked towards him, making him uncross his arms and stand up straight. She kissed him gently, smiling softly. He kissed her back, holding her hands.
"Any time." Marius smirked.

"Now, I will take my shower and then hop into bed. You should take that off once I've gotten into bed." Monika looked the man up and down, he looked at himself in confusion.
"Take what off?" He raised an eyebrow,
"All of it." She called back, walking away into the bathroom. Marius rolled his eyes and shook his head simultaneously.

"Whatever..." Marius walked into their bedroom and started stripping into only his black boxers. He clambered into bed and under the covers, grabbing his phone. He put an arm behind his head and raised his knee to become more comfortable. After about 15 minutes of scrolling through his Instagram feed, he heard the bathroom door open. Marius glanced over and saw Monika, in all her glory. A smirk quickly grew on his face.

"Didn't know I lived with an angel." He commented, feeling extra cringy.
"Wow, I really have missed your cheesy, cringy lines..." Monika climbed under the sheets with him, grabbing his left arm and hugging it. "Mm... I've missed you, Liebling..."
"I've missed you too." He kissed her head and put the phone down. "I'm guessing all you want to do is cuddle?"
"Yep," the woman nodded slowly, clinging onto him as if it was a life or death situation. "I've missed basically everything about you... your jokes; even if they are really bad-"
"Hey!" He frowned and she giggled
"Your silly little comments like just then... your scent, don't ask... I also missed moments like this. Just us... cuddling. I wish we had more time together, Marius..."
"So do I. Maybe once we're older we can live somewhere back in Germany, the countryside. Somewhere quite."
"That sounds perfect..." Monika lit up "I love you so much..." she kissed him gently on the lips, closing her eyes. Marius kissed her back, smirking.
"I love you so much too."
"You better."
"I do! It's almost as if you doubt my words."
"I don't. Just to let you know if you don't love me I'll probably cry."
"Got it. Gotta love you forever. For your information, when I first saw you, I instantly knew that you were the one for me. So if you ever think that I don't love you... you're lying to yourself."
"Alright alright... I've got it. Just don't be stupid out in the field ok? I don't want to be alone." Monika looked him in the eyes and she suddenly became very stern. "And always. Always. Come back to me in one piece Streicher. Got it?"
"Yes ma'am. One piece is what I'll stay in." He saluted her and smirked.

Monika giggled and rested her head on her boyfriends' chest, feeling a protective arm wrap around her shoulders. She closed her eyes and snuggled up to his warm, almost naked body. Marius shivered to her cold touch but he loved it really. He closed his eyes and put his head back, attempting to fall asleep.

"Gute Nacht mein Engel," Marius whispered calmly
"Gute Nacht mein Dämon," Monika whispered back, smiling to herself. A quiet chuckle sounded from the mans lips and the room went silent.

There was a dark blue light coming in from the white curtains and a soft, calm wind. The sky was cloudless and filled with white, shimmering dots, like someone spilt white glitter on a black canvas.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: this was a relatively happy yet saddening chapter. Things will get more interesting as thingy and thingy have been taken by the evil thingies. Find out more within the next week probably? I don't know... anyway. I hope this was a good chapter and you like the story so far. Thanks so much for 3k reads :)