Chapter 28

"Wake up Operators, wake up! It's go time! You. Are. Leaving. To-day! The jet leaves at 0630. It is currently 0600. Get your shit together and move it!" The CO yelled at the sleeping operators, hitting his baton against a metal pole. Multiple soldiers scrambled out of their bunks to get dressed or to start packing.

Marius just sat up in his bunk, smirking to himself. His perfectly packed bag sat at the end of his bunk, his uniform (or what you'd call civilian wear) was neatly packed as well. He was in his usual blue jeans, hoodie and trainers. His combat vest was sat nicely on top of the bag, his area of the large tent was cleared and neat.

The CO stepped towards the Air Marshall and chuckled.

"Well ain't you a fast one?" He asked with a cowboy-like accent. "What time you get up this mornin'?" He asked Marius, tapping his baton on the metal structure of the bunk bed.

"0500, making sure I had everything and was packed, ready to go. I knew we were going to leave in an hour and a half at that time so I had also known that everything would be ready to go; so I didn't need to scramble about like a rat like my comrades, here." Marius replied, smiling at the CO.

"Hm, I'm impressed Jäger. I wish my soldiers were like you. And the rest of this squad..." He sighed as he watched the other Rainbow Ops struggling, "Hurry up! You ain't got much time!" He marched out of the tent, along with the tension.

"How'd you do it, Jaggy?" Thermite pulled his pants up, tightening his belt.

"Do what?" Marius chuckled,

"Be so neat, you'll have to show me sometime." Jordan smirked, scratching his head as he looked at Marius' perfect stack at the end of his bed.

"Hah, maybe one day friend. But that'll just ruin the fun." Marius laughed and patted Jordan on the shoulder as he got out of the bed. Thermite scowled at the German as he pushed his arms through the sleeves of his shirt.

"Psh, yeah, right." He rolled his eyes but smiled at the same time, showing he wasn't really annoyed. Marius heaved his large bag up and round onto his shoulders, wincing in pain as the weight on his shoulders affected his thigh. He tried to ignore it as he carried the rest of his belongings in his hands. Some other operators were just finishing off as Marius walked though the tent doors, disappearing away towards the airfield.

"Why is he like that?" Ying asked Ash, who just watched him leave the tent.

"I don't know... but it's attractive, somehow... I don't know, don't listen to me." Ash bit her bottom lip as she finished packing her bags. 

"Ok then?" Ying raised an eyebrow, putting away some clothes. Buck walked up to her and whispered something to her. 

"Is it just me or does Eliza have a little crush on Marius?" He watched Ash, her face a little darker shade of pink than normal. Ying nodded and agreed with him.

"It's dangerous, I'm scared that she might make a move on him either in front of Monika or behind her back, she's like that sometimes." Mei Lin looked at Sebastien.

"And if something like that happens it could be catastrophic, meaning a large gap between the GSG9 and the FBI. A few of them are linked by friends. Jordan is friends with everyone as is Elias. We can't let this happen..." Sebastien stared at Eliza, so did Mei Lin. As soon as she turned towards them they pretended to be talking. Eliza frowned and started putting all of her stuff together to then leave the tent. 

"She confuses me..." Mei Lin sighed, shaking her head. She swung her bag round onto her back and clipped the straps together. "I'm going to go now. You ready yet?"