Part 15: Fighting the Parasite

You sneak around the city, avoiding all duelists you see. Eventually you come across a boat that you start rowing towards Duel Academy.

Y/N: Don't worry, Selena. I'm coming.

You row for a while until you see a large boat. Ropes bind your boat to it and a pirate duelist is at the helm. However, you see Selena.

Y/N: Selena!?

She smiles and drags you onto the boat.

Selena: Perfect. The Professor will want to see you.

You pry her off and she smiles.

Y/N: What happened to you?!

Selena: I just realized how foolish fighting Duel Academy is.

Y/N: Whatever they did to you, I'm snapping you out of it!

You both activate your duel disks.

Y/N: My turn. I activate Red-Eyes Fusion. I fuse Red-Eyes Black Dragon with Summoned Skull! Come forth, Archfiend Black Skull Dragon! I set a card and end my turn.

Selena: Draw. I set the Pendulum Scale with Scale 1 Lunalight Wolf and Scale 5 Lunalight Tiger! I Pendulum Summon! Lunalight Purple Butterfly and Lunalight Black Sheep. I also normal summon Fusion Parasite.

A small parasitic creature appears.

(Fusion Parasite Level 1 Atk: 0)

Selena: I activate its effect. It lets me Fusion Summon without Polymerization and it can be treated as any Fusion material. I fuse my Parasite with Purple Butterfly and Black Sheep. Come out Lunalight Leo Dancer! Black Sheep adds Purple Butterfly to my hand. I activate Purple Butterfly's effect. I discard her to increase Leo Dancer's Atk by 1000!

(Leo Dancer Atk: 3500---> 4500)

Selena: Attack Archfiend Black Skull Dragon!

Y/N LP: 4000---> 2700

Selena: Leo Dancer, use your second attack to finish him!

Y/N: I activate Red-Eyes Spirit! I summon Red-Eyes Black Dragon in defense mode to save my Life Points.

The dragon is destroyed by Selena's most powerful card.

Selena: I set a card and end my turn.

(Leo Dancer Atk: 4500---> 3500)

Y/N: Draw! I activate Red-Eyes Ritual! I return Red-Eyes Black Dragon from my graveyard to my deck to Ritual Summon Red-Eyes Ritual Dragon! Selena, what was with that Parasite monster?

???: That would be my work.

A holographic image appears behind Selena, showing a man with very odd facial features.

Doctor: You see, like Ruri and Rin, Selena here is under the influence of one of my experiments. Now she is purely loyal to the Professor and myself. It was quite fun erasing you from her memories.

You clench your teeth and your hair stands up a bit.

Y/N: I'll make you pay!

Your eyes glow an eerie bluish purple.

Y/N: I activate Red-Eyes Ritual's second effect. By banishing Archfiend Black Skull Dragon from my graveyard I can add it to my hand along with a level 4 or lower Dragon from my deck. I choose Black Metal Dragon. I activate Red-Eyes Ritual! I use Red-Eyes Ritual Dragon and Black Metal Dragon to Ritual Summon a new monster!!!

The two dragons are turned into fire that engulfs the Ritual statue.

Y/N: Ancient Dark Dragon with Eyes as red as blood! Obliterate everything that stands against you as you spread terror through my foes! I Ritual Summon! Scarlet-Eyes Ritual Dragon!

A giant black dragon with wings made of fire appears. It's claws are engulfed in flames as well as its tail.

(Scarlet-Eyes Ritual Dragon Level 8 Atk: 4000)

Selena: What is that?!

Y/N: I activate Scarlet-Eyes Ritual Dragon's special ability! I can negate the effects of all other cards on the field and for each card on the field besides itself, it gains 500 Atk! While all monsters you control lose half their Atk!

(Leo Dancer Atk: 3500---> 1750)

(Scarlet-Eyes Ritual Dragon Atk: 4000---> 5500)

Y/N: I also activate Red-Eyes Burst! By paying half my life points, Scarlet-Eyes' Atk doubles until the end phase, however it will be destroyed at the start of your next turn. Unfortunately for you, there won't be a next turn!

(Scarlet-Eyes Atk: 5500---> 11000)

Selena: 11000 Atk?!

Y/N: Attack Leo Dancer with Inferno of Devastation!

The dragon fires a massive torrent of flames that destroys Leo Dancer and the force of the attack slams Selena into a wall. The pirate abandons ship and you start to calm down. You run over to Selena.

Y/N: Selena! Tell me that freed you! Please!

Selena: Ugh... Y-Y/N?

Y/N: Selena...

You hug her but she smiles and injects a tranquilizer into your back. Effectively knocking you out.

Selena: The Professor will be very pleased.