Chapter VII

A/n
Sorry for being late on updating. I had a load of homework. Exams are coming up and I have 5 presentations to do.

Once the shock wore off, you realized you were walking in woods, you recognized these woods.
"Lothlorien..." you whispered. Legolas looked over at you and smiled.
"Must be good to be back home." He remarked.
"It is." You smiled back at him.

"Stay close young hobbits... they say a Sorceress lives in these woods. An elf-witch of terrible power. All who look upon her fall under her spell." Gimli warned. You laughed. He was talking about Galadriel. You knew what he said wasn't true.
"And are never seen again," Gimli continued. "Well, here's one dwarf she won't ensnare so easily. I have the eyes of a eagle and the ears of a fox!"

You were suddenly surrounded by armed elves. Legolas pulled you closer to him, shielding you from any harm that may come.
"The dwarf breaths so loud we could have shot him in the dark." An elf said. You recognized that voice.
"Haldir of Lorien, we come here for your help. We need your protection." Aragorn said. Haldir! Of course.
"Aragorn! These woods are perilous. We should go back." Gimli said nervously.
"You have entered the realm of the Lady of the Wood. You cannot go back," Haldir said. "Come, she is waiting."

He led you into a hill top. You stared out at the place you called home. Mallorn trees, taller then any others. Nestled high in the crown of the mallorns was a beautiful city.
"Lorien..." you whispered. Legolas smiled at you.

You stepped onto a wide fleet filled with soft light. Lady Galadriel and Lord Celeborn were walking down stairs to you.

Lady Galadriel looked into your eyes and you heard her voice in your head.
"So, you have fallen for the prince?"
"I do not know any princes." You said. She glanced over at Legolas. You looked at him. Surprise written all over your face. You turned back to Lady Galadriel, and she smiled at you.

"Nine there are, yet ten there were set out from Rivendell. Tell me, where is Gandalf, for I much desire to speak with him." Celeborn said.
"He has fallen into shadow." Lady Galadriel said softly. She looked at you with concerned eyes.
"The Quest stands upon the edge of a knife. Stray but a little and it will fail, to the ruin of all... yet hope remains while the company is true." She looked at Sam.
"Do not let your hearts be troubled. Go now and rest for you are weary with sorrow and much toil." She then proceeded to look at Frodo.
"Tonight you will sleep in peace." She finished.

You sat against a tree. You heard mournful singing in elvish coming from the center of Lorien. You felt tears starting to form.
"A lament for Gandalf..." Legolas said sadly. You couldn't stand it anymore. You went to do what you always do when you're sad: practice fighting.

You walked into the field where you normally trained. You used it because no one knew about it, which gave you privacy. The trees were filled with scratches and holes.

You took out your daggers. They were your preferred weapon. You started slashing away at the trees.

You heard someone come up behind you. You sheathed your daggers.
"You never told me you were a prince." You said. You turned around. It was Legolas just like you anticipated. He looked nervous.
"How did you find out?" He asked.
"Why didn't you tell me?"
"Don't answer my question with another question," he growled. "How did you find out?"
"Why didn't you tell me?" You yelled. He sighed in defeat knowing you wouldn't give up.
"Do you know how hard it is not being able to trust anyone? Not knowing if the people who are close to you are only there because your a prince. That is why I didn't tell you. I didn't want you to only talk to me because of my status," he yelled. "There you happy?"
You fell to the ground in tears. The grief of losing Gandalf was always there, but fighting with Legolas on top of that was too much.

He ran up to you and hugged you.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." He whispered.
"N-no I'm sorry. I shouldn't have gotten angry." You said. He hugged you even tighter.

—————
Aragorn
I went looking for (Y/n) and Legolas. It was very late in the night, and I was worried.

I walked into a clearing and saw Legolas holding (y/n) in his arms, she was crying. I smiled. It was obvious they liked each other. I waited until they broke apart. (Y/n) got up and went in the direction of our sleeping quarters.

I stopped Legolas as he walked past.
"She doesn't seem like the kind of person who would let just anyone hug her."
"Aragorn? Please tell me you didn't see everything!" He begged.
"Not everything," I laughed. "Just the hug."
"Thank goodness." He sighed.
"Why? Don't tell me you finally got the nerve to confess your love for her." You pressed.
"No! We got into a fight that's all." He said. You laughed, and you and Legolas went back to your rooms.