Chapter 5: Cooking with Mom

Last Edited: 1/20/18; 4/28/19

Clanks and thuds were heard as Mitsuki washed the dishes, she hummed in a smooth rhythm rinsing the bubbles off the dishes when she heard the door open.

"We are home, Mom!" Your voice echoed in the corridor.

"Oi! Your shoes!"

"But I wanna greet mom first!"

"Shoes off first, brat!"

You whined loudly making your mother smile at your bicker. There was no doubt Katsuki is slowly changing, it was obvious to those who knew him so well and without him noticing, his own attitude improved now having someone to hold him down. And even to her, she had no regrets in adopting you-you were that missing piece they were lacking all along.

Though in exchange, the silence was now a rarity. Sure, you are just as active as an adorable little puppy. But over the weeks she noticed how you just pry through Katsuki's walls and vandalize it just to escaping leave him to clean it up with an incredibly pissed face, which is very amusing on her part.

"Mom! Mom! I got a perfect score and a gold star!"

Turning to her daughter, the mother's smile faltered when she saw the very obvious marks on her daughter's face.

"Why are there so many scratches on you?"

"Oh, I called Tora a cat and he threw a poor kitty at my face! He's so mean!" You whined.

"You so earned it shit face" Katsuki mumbled walking out with you shouting at him.

You would have gone after him like the usual if it weren't for the obvious –to you– smell that came from the stove. Seeing your head turn your mother raised an amused eyebrow.

"Do you want to help?" Mitsuki asked with a laugh. You nodded without a second thought and hurried to her.

"What are you doing mom?"

"I'm cooking, dear" you tilted your head.

"Cooking?"

"Yes, I am making food." Hearing the explanation you gasped in shock.

"You make food?!?"

"Anyone can make food! Do you want to help me make some food?" Grinning like an excited idiot you mock a salute with a mock-serious face and stood as straight as a soldier would.

"Yes, sir!"

Mitsuki laughed in amusement and sighed with a fond smile. You excitedly waited what your first task would be as you watch her lips part.

"Go change first though."

"Aw....." As quick as a bubble popping your excitement disappeared and you trudged up the stairs.

[Time Skip]

"What are we making now!?" You say hopping on your spot.

Earlier you hastily changed into some boy shorts and an (f/c) T-shirt then you ran down the stairs slipping on the last two and stood at the door disheveled. Your mom had to pat down tour messy hair and fix your outside-in T-shirt and fix the reason why you fell, its because you weren't wearing your pants right, before giving you a step stool to stand on.

"Okay for dinner we are making some spaghetti!" She revealed with a smile.

"Shit, I fucking forgot it was pasta night..." Katsuki mumbled taking a bag of chips out of the cabinets before leaving them alone.

"You better not be fucking 'full' when dinner will be ready!" Mitsuki shouted with fury in her eyes before turning to you and her scary frown turned into a cheerful smile.

"Let us start!" She cheered and turned to the stove.

You stood there for a few moments and stared at the sight before stiffly standing beside your mother who just recently looked like a bear that got its lunch taken away.

"So!" You jumped with surprise as she snapped her head to you.

"I got this recipe from an old friend of mine! She lives in Europe with a loving husband in Italy! She came here a while back and she showed me this recipe!" Mitsuki showed you the small notepad before grabbing onion, garlic and other ingredients that needed to be chopped while you stared at the writings with confusion as if they were written by the doctors.

(A/M: You might not get this one but where I am from, its really hard for me to read the doctors handwriting, 'who needs proper penmanship? Just write down the medicine needed and such, and leave with the problem of trying to understand my writings!')

"Alright, now we need to pour in the sauce...  Ah, (Y/N)! Can you give me the scissors? I–Careful! They're sharp!" She gasped watching you play with them.

"I'm fine mom!" You insisted but instead of getting cut your elbow touch the boiling hot pot on the stove and a sharp pain was sent your brain making you gasp and dangerously drop the sharp things near your feet!

"Aaaah!!!!!!!! It stingsss!!!!" You held your elbow hugging yourself together and roughly rub the injured elbow to lessen the pain but failed. Not used to the pain you started crying.

"Ah, (Y/N)..! Shh... Ssh..." Mitsuki knelt before you and pulled you close to her stroking the back of your hair in a soft manner.

"Mom it hurt!" You cried to her showing your slightly red elbow.

"It's okay dear" she whispered soothingly as she picked you up. She brought you to the living room and sat on the sofa.

"Let me see the boo-boo."

You turned away from her and shook your head. "It will hurt!" You say.

"I won't touch it." Mitsuki assured to you and took your arm keeping her promise to not touch your elbow.

"It's fine, it's not anything serious, come here..."

"No, you said you won't touch it!" You cried.

"Sit still..."

"M-Mom it hurts!"

"Because you're moving so much calm down. Take a big breath" As she instructed you inhaled and exhaled in a slow calming manner until you calm down fully.

"There, there my little (Y/N)" Mitsuki hummed and pecked your forehead leaving a flustered blush on your face.

"What's wrong?" She asked worried you might have gotten sick or there was something else hurting you.

"I have never been kissed before..."

(A/M: You know what I mean you...)

You say holding the spot her lips touched. Mitsuki's surprised look soften into a smile as she pecked your cheek and nose making you more embarrassed.

"M-Mom!" You whined leaving her to chuckle.

"From now on you better expect kisses from me, cause it means I love you." A surprised look overpowered all other emotions as you stared at Mitsuki.

"Love...me?" You slowly repeated in disbelief before you felt your eyes tear up again but you hid it by hugging her tightly.

"I Love You my little....."

You blinked a few times making the echoing voice in your head disappear before smiling bashfully at your mom through small sniffles.

"I love you too, Mom...".