Chapter 3 - A Swift Uppercut To The Balls

If a man wants you, he'll come and get you. - Author unknown

"Is it always this busy on a daytime?" Grace asked us as we served the men

"Is it always this busy on a daytime?" Grace asked us as we served the men. It was very busy today, all the boys shouting to get a drink as quickly as possible.

"No. These boys are on their way to St. Andrews." He answered.

"To pray?" She asked innocently, and Lillian and Harry laughed.

"That'll be the day. St. Andrews is a football ground. The Blues are playing. That's the forward line there and that's the goalie, believe it or not." Lillian explained to her, pointing to the man in the back before the door to the private room opened.

"Hello!" Thomas shouted, and Lillian who was closet, walked towards him.

"Hello." He stared at her for a couple of seconds, looking her up and down, noting that she looked different when she wore a dress before snapping out his gaze.

"I need a bottle of rum." He demanded, and Lillian crossed her arms, raising an unimpressed brow at his lack of manners. She didn't care if he was the bloody King, she would wait for him to say the word. A word that he probably hasn't said for a very long time.

Please

"Whatever it is, it's on the house." Harry said quietly into her ear and she nodded, not looking away as she stared him down, not backing down.

"I'm assuming you don't have manners Mr. Shelby?" She finally asked, and his face changed to disbelief.

"Really?"

"Yes, I'm not moving until you do, and I can stand here all day, you however probably can't." She said with a shrug, his jaw clenched, gritting his teeth as he knew she was right.

"Please." He said quietly, and her expressionless demeanor changed immediately to a happy one.

"Was that so hard?" She teased, and he gave me a look. "Right. A whole bottle?" She asked, knowing not to push it and he nodded. "White or dark?"

"Don't care." He dead-panned and she rolled my eyes, turning around to get the bottle. She noticed Grace staring at him not that he noticed before turning back to him with the bottle. He stared at her for a little while before looking over her shoulder. "Are you a whore?" he asked bluntly, and Lillian snorted when she realized he was talking about Grace. "Because if you're not you're in the wrong place." He added, and Lillian shook her head as she stormed off.

"Right fucking charmer, you are." He ignored her, walking off as Lillian slammed the doors shut before turning around and walking towards Harry and Grace.

"He's one of them you warned me about." Grace said to Harry and he turned our backs to the men behind us as he talked.

"Look, Grace, Lillian. You're both friendly girls, but be careful. If I say something on the house, then say nothing to whoever you're serving. If they decide that they want either one of you then there's nothing anybody could do about it." Harry explained, and Lillian hummed, speaking her thoughts aloud.