Chapter 24 - No Fucking Fighting

You don't marry the person you can live with...you marry the person you can't live without. - unknown

 - unknown

1922

"Oh and there's a woman. Yeah. A woman. Who is everything to me. A woman. Who I love and I got close. So fucking close.

"In the bleak midwinter....."

1924

"I'd never thought I'd see the day, Thomas Shelby, married

"I'd never thought I'd see the day, Thomas Shelby, married." Ada commented to Polly as they stood at the side of the room, leaning against the wall as they stared at Tommy up at the alter.

"I know, do you believe he picked the right woman?" Polly asked with a cigarette in her mouth. Ada scoffed, uncrossing her arms.

"Of course I do, the woman is amazing after what Tommy made her go through."

"Yeah I would say she is amazing, myself but I wouldn't want to be petty." The two ladies turned around, eyes widened in shock with her standing there

"Lillian what are you doing here, you're not supposed to be here." Polly scolded, trying to push her out without Tommy seeing her. Lillian sighed but did as she was told, rolling her eyes as she went with Polly and Ada.

"How not?" Lillian protested. Hands on her hips as she raised her eyebrows at them.

"It's my wedding!"

"Yes we know that but it's bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding fucking starts." Polly replied.

"I just wanted to see who had come, I mean my dad invited all the toffs anyway."

"Yeah well our dads a dick at times if you didn't notice." A voice popped up from behind them and Lillian turned to face her oldest brother, James who had his usual smirk on his face.