Chapter 14 - No Mans Land

From the deepest desires often come from the deadliest hate - unknown

"Move!" Ada shouted as she barged passed the group of men with guns in their hand and baby Karl crying in the stroller

"What are you doing?" Freddy shouted out in shock at his wife walking in between the fight.

"I believe you boys call this no-man's land."

"Ada"

"Shut up and listen." Ada said as she stopped in the middle.

"Have you lost your mind?" Freddy tried again to move her away, but Ada wasn't having it.

"I said shut up! Now, most of you were in France. So, you all know what happens next. I've got brothers and a husband here but you've all got somebody waiting for you. Now, I'm wearing black in preparation. I want you to look at me. I want you all to look at me. Who'll be wearing black for you? Think about them. Think about them right now. And fight if you want to, but that baby ain't moving anywhere. And neither am I."

It was quiet between the men, them all thinking of their families at home. Kimber looked around his head with a nod. "She's right, you know. Why should all you men die? It should just be them who's caused it." He quickly brought out his gun and shot Tommy, another man ran in front and was shot dead as the cries got louder and louder.

"Don't shoot! You're all right, son. You're all right." Arthur shouted as he reached for Karl.

"Ada, move away." Freddy shouted at her.

"Don't shoot! Hold your guns up!" John ordered before gun fire went off and went through Kimber's head, making him fall forward to the ground dead. Revealing Lillian on the other side, pistol in her raised hand as she looked Tommy dead in the eye without emotion.

"Enough. Kimber is dead and now it's over, so go home to your fucking families." She ordered, and the men stared at her for a couple minutes before they started to retreat. Two men picking up Kimber and dragging him away.

"Scudboat, Curly. Pick him up." Tommy ordered softly as Lillian slowly made her way over to him, looking straight ahead as she stopped right next to him before turning her head towards his, once again making eye contact.

"If anyone and I mean anyone is gonna kill you, it's gonna be me." She threatened, loud enough for them all to here before she pressed his bullet wound making him groan in pain before she walked away.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What is it Arthur?" She said as she turned around in her Kitchen when the door closed. She thought he would have made an appearance at one point and she was glad he wasn't drunk then he wouldn't have made any sense at all.

"What the hell are you doing, threatening Tommy for eh?" he asked as he walked further in.

"Oh, haven't you heard the news." She replied with a sarcastic smile.

"Heard what?"

"While Thomas was trying to get into my pants, you know leading me on to a happy life when it really brought me to a pile of shit basically he was out fucking Grace. How nice is that?"

"He was what with Grace." Arthur asked in anger.

"He was sleeping with Grace, promising her marriage and a family and what was I to him?" She asked herself. "A means to an end. A pretty face and I bet the only reason he started talking to me was because of you."

"How do I have anything to do with this?"

"Well I'm a pretty face Arthur and I was friends with you, a person Tommy didn't know and didn't have so as I have started to realise Tommy gets what he wants from anyone and he got it from me and now I'm a whore."

"Lillian McDonald you are not a whore. I know whores and you are not one alright." He told her as he drunk from a glass she'd giving him a few moments ago. "And Tommy, he was an idiot alright and one day he will regret that, but I'll always be here for you. What are friends for eh?" Lillian smiled at him, always loving Arthurs soft side.

"You are the reason I'm staying here you know that." She replied with a smile.

"Wait you were going to leave?" he said with a frown appearing on his face.

"After I found out what I happened I thought I was but then I realised that if I left then Thomas would win and that's never gonna happen. So, I'll just taunt him now with him having to see my face around town but not being able to talk to me."

"He is not gonna like that Lillian."

"That's why I'm doing it and I got this letter today." She said with a smirk as she brought the letter to the table.

"Yeah, what's it say?" He asked, and she handed it to him

"Just read it." She told him, and it was quiet for the next couple of minutes as read over it.

"There serious." He said in surprise.

"It appears so." She murmured with a smile. "It'll be fun, and I don't want you to tell Tommy what's happening."

"Why not?"

"It'll be more fun that way." She said, taking a swig from her drink as she glanced down at the last few words of the letter with a smile.

We're on our way down love, save us some whore for us while your there

You're favourite brother Harry

And the most handsomest brother William 

End of Part ONE! I'm sorry its so short but now we're onto season two and I'm so excited dkfjnaekfjn hope you enjoyed it!

Published May 11, 2018