Chapter 45

45 | Tribe

~ gotta remember, your vibe attracts your tribe.

- - -

Jenae

Jenae

We were all seated and eating at Hardee's.

"We're gonna miss you when you leave." Essence told me as Jessica clung to my arm.

"I'm gonna miss you a lot besfren! I don't think I can live without you... see... I'm dying already," Jess dramatized as she started coughing and breathing shallowly, "I think... I see the light!"

I shook my head as I nudged her off my arm, laughing, "You do the most."

Jessica was on my right. Jae on my left. Next to Jessica was Essence of course, she had to physically move Jessica away from Tyliah.

So, Essence sat in the middle between Jessica and Tyliah. And beside Tyliah was my sister, Jennifer. Which leads back to Jae.

"Remember when that dude use to stalk you? Following you from school to your house." Essence chuckled, "Niggas crazy."

"That piece of shit?" Tyliah piped in.

"Mhm," Essence nodded with her mouth full before giving Tyliah the how you know? look.

"What kinda nigga follows a girl from school to her house?" Tyliah muttered, "And he had the audacity to try and put his hands on you!?" Tyliah fumed towards me and I aggressively mouthed shut the fuck up towards her.

But it was too late as Jae looked between us.

"I didn't hear about that. When was this?" She questioned as I face-palmed myself.

Tyliah then said nothing and took another bite of her burger before mumbling, "Why other people always gotta save your girlfriend?"

Jae ignored her and turned her gaze back onto me and I kept my attention on my food but she still asked, "Why didn't you tell me?"

My heart skipped a beat.

"Uh..." I said as I looked up at her. "It... wasn't important. So, I failed to mention it. Thas'all."

Jae then simply said, "Tell me next time."

"Alright," I nodded before chuckling softly.

Tyliah was looking at us in disgust.

"Your girlfriend really cares about you," Jessica told me. "Your girlfriend. Girlfriend," she said more aggressively while looking at Essence.

"Anyway," Tyliah cuts in. "Because of his dumbass. I've gotta get a new job."

"Oh, you too?" Essence said. "So do I. It's hard, ainnit?" She questions.

"It is." Tyliah responded as they both seemed to understand each other's struggles.