Chapter 1: The Visit

A/N: When you see this {}, it means that the author is talking. When you see this: [Name] it's my version of Y/N. Just letting you know. Also, I'm sorry if this story seems rushed. It's my first time writing a fanfiction and I really hope that I did well.

•••

Your POV:

    I sat on my bed, reading a book. It was a normal weekend night, except for the fact that I was waiting for Lance, my best friend since before I could remember. I was so entranced in the book I was reading, that I almost couldn't hear the three sharp taps on my left window. 

     I immediately got up off of my bed and hurried to my window, slamming a bookmark into my book and setting it down on my desk. I push aside my curtains to reveal my half-open window and someone staring back at me through the transparent glass. He had bluebell eyes that highlighted his dark skin and short caramel hair. 

     I opened the window to let Lance in. He crawled through in his normal outfit: His dark green jacket that covered his blue and gray long-sleeved shirt along with some light blue jeans and dark gray boots. 

     As soon as he stepped in, I put a finger to my mouth as a gesture to tell him not to talk. I walked out of my room to check to see if anyone was outside my room. I would get grounded for life if someone in my foster family found out that I was getting nightly visits from my best guy-friend. Once I saw that my hallway was clear, I walked back to my room and gave Lance a hug. He hadn't visited in a week, and I was starting to worry. 

     "I missed you so much, Lance!" I said as I was still in the hug.

     "[Nickname], I was only gone for a month!" He replied laughing as I was crushing him. 

     "But it felt like forever,"

     "Yeah, I admit it did," He said exiting the hug. "But guess what? I have good news," 

     "What is it? Does it have something to do with your 'biggest enemy' Keith?" I asked, remembering Lance telling me stories of him and Keith being "neck and neck". I don't even think that Keith remembers him. He might remember me though. 

     "Yep. He finally got kicked out of the Garrison! It happened " He said excitedly.

     "Yeah! Finally! I hate that dude. How did he get kicked out?!" I said, my voice getting louder than I meant it to. 

     Lance seemed surprised. I almost forgot that he knew I used to be best friends with Keith Kogane in seventh grade. "Well, apparently, he had a disciplinary issue and the teachers had enough. I know that you used to know him pretty well, but didn't you guys like... 'split'? You hate him to the core."

     Fried frankfurters {Credit to @GabberBubble for giving me that phrase in a comment}, I didn't mean to become so obsessed with this. I had meant to forget about him years ago, but of course, I failed. "Yeah. Let's just change the subject." 

     "Okay...," He said. I never told Lance what had happened, and I intended to keep it that way. "Well along with that news, some other things happened as well..."

     He continued talking about things that happened at the Garrison recently, including somethings about his flight-mates Hunk and Pidge. I hadn't met either of them, but they seemed like decent human beings. I also shared some things that happened during my week. A lot of things happened like I ate and read. It was a pretty eventful week, full of fun. {I'm being sarcastic by the way} 

     However, all good things must come to an end. Lance looked at my clock and realized that he needed to go. He needed to be back at the Garrison by 9:00, and it was 8:45 right now. We said our goodbyes and Lance left. I sat back down on my bed and continued reading. Eventually, when it was around ten o'clock, I decided to go to bed.

Sorry for the short chapter. But I hoped that you enjoyed it! I'll continue writing soon. Feel free to leave suggestions for the story along with future ones!