Chapter 6__Plan B

I didn't expect to see Jeremy in the living room again when I walked downstairs, and Alaric had a box with what I assumed to be Isobel's research. "What are you doing here? Again?" 

"Helping Damon," Jeremy answered. "I'm the one who found out about the moonstone." 

"People who help Damon usually end up dead," I said as Alaric looked at Damon, who shrugged.

Alaric looked back at Jeremy. "Does Elena know you're here?" 

"Not exactly," Jeremy answered.

"I'll take that as a 'no'," I said.

Damon looked at the box on the table. "What you got?" 

Starting to dig through it, Damon took out a book.

"This is Isobel's research from Duke," Alaric answered. "Her assisstant sent it to me." 

"Mm, Vanessa," Damon said. "The hottie." 

Alaric took the book out of Damon's hand. "Vanessa, yes. Now, do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?" 

"Sun and the mon, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah," Damon said.

"An Aztec curse?" Jeremy asked, walking closer. "Cool." 

"Yeah, supposedly, vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until a shaman put a curse on them to limit their power," Alaric answered. "Since then, werewolves can only turn on a full moon, and vampires are weakened by the sun." 

Damon raised his hand, wiggling his fingers to show off the daylight ring. "Most of them, anyway." 

"According to the legend, the werewolf part of the curse is sealed with the moonstone." 

Alaric showed me a map, and I took it to look at the pictures and old way of writing with pictures telling the story he'd just told us.

"What do you mean, sealed?" I asked.

"It's a witch thing," Damon explained. "Whatever seals the curse is usually the key to unsealing the curse." 

"Maybe Mason Lockwood believes he can use the moonstone to break the curse," Alaric said.

"If we start believing in some supernatural witchy-woo legen fro a picture book, we're idiots," I said as I closed the book. "Who has the stone now?" 

"Tyler," Jeremy answered. 

"Can you get it?" I asked. 

"Yeah," Jeremy answered.

"See, now your life has purpose," Damon said.

We both looked toward him as Jeremy asked, "So, you do believe it?" 

"It's the same book that says a werewolf bite kills a vampire," Damon answered, giving me a pointed look as he said the next words. "Ignoring it would make me an even bigger idiot. Let's go." 

Damon finished the drink, putting the glass on the table and walking past Alaric, Jeremy and me.

I turned toward Jeremy, shrugging as we both turned to follow.

~

Damon and I were disgusted at this new information Stefan had found out from Bonnie the witch from a single touch when she accidentally bumped into Mason.

"Katherine's with Mason Lockwood?" I asked with a shiver.

"We missed it," Stefan said. "He got into town right afer she did. It makes perfect sense."