I've Been In Love With You Since The First Time I Saw You

Jughead's POV
We sat behind the fence waiting for the police to arrive. Archie had called the Sheriff and told him to hurry for Betty had gotten pale.

Soon blue and red lights came rushing down the street and stopped in front of Jason's house. Veronica and Archie went to Sheriff Keller and explained everything. Some officers knocked on Jason's door.

After no answer they banged on his door warning him to open up. Still no answer. The officers barged open the door. They went inside and later came out with Jason.

He struggled in the officers arms yelling at them and saying it was a mistake. Anger bulging in me I left Betty with Veronica and went towards Jason.

Archie ran up to me and stopped me from moving. "It's not worth it." Archie says warning me.

'I know he's right, but what he..did. That son of a bitch is going to be locked up for eternity'

"Damn it." I say as I turn around and look at Betty who was being talked to by Veronica. I wonder if Betty can even hear Veronica.

The ambulance soon showed up and ran to Betty. They lifted her up onto a stretcher. I ran to Betty's side. "Minor concussion, loss of blood," one of the attendants informed the other attendants.

They lifted her into the back of the ambulance, "Are you coming with?" An attendant said by Betty's side. I nodded and climbed into the back. Archie and Veronica said they would follow the ambulance. After they inform Betty's parents on what was going on.

*Time Skip*
They took Betty into the emergency room. It's been about two hours. Betty's family, Archie, Veronica, and I waited in the waiting room. Veronica had fell asleep on Archie's shoulder. And Archie was barely keeping his eyes open.

I couldn't blame them, we haven't slept in what seems like forever. But I can't fall asleep. I have to be the first one to know she's okay. She has to be.

A nurse that was in her mid 30's came into the room and headed straight towards us. Archie woke Veronica. We all stand up and wait for the news. She stops in front of us with no expression on her face.

"She has time to recover, but she is in an unconscious state. Since she took a beating in the head she shouldn't wake up for a couple of hours maybe days. Overall she seems okay."

Relief washed over me. "Can we see her?" Alice asks.

"Yes you can, but only two at a time." She says.
Alice and Hal follow the nurse to Betty's room.

"She okay." Veronica says smiling and resting her head on Archie's shoulder. Archie smiles.

'Thank god'

After Alice and Hal came back Veronica and Archie went in to see her. They didn't let me go second, because they knew I'd be longer than them.

Soon Archie and Veronica came back. It was my turn. I got up and followed the nurse. We passed some rooms that had people visiting and some that no one was in.

The nurse stopped at 132. She opened the door to a bright room. We were almost at the top of the hospital. If you looked down from the windows you could see where the emergency helicopter would land.

"I'll leave you two alone." The nurse said closing the door.

I looked over to where Betty was. Her golden hair was out and it covered some of the pillow. I walked over to her and sat on a chair next to the bed.

She had stitches on where she got hit on the head. An IV was in her arm and was connected to a monitor to track her vitals.

"Betts," I start.

Silence filled the air.

"I know you can't..hear me, but.." I say looking at her. "I'm so sorry." I say tearing up. I leaned on her bed and cried into my arms.

"I should've fought for you. I should've.."

"But instead I got angry...I..I went with Toni, which was the biggest mistake. You're the only one I could ever love. I know that now. I knew it the first time I saw you."

I flashed back to when Archie, Betty and I were kids. When we started to be friends. That's when I knew it had to be her.

"You really love her, huh?" The nurse said. My face burned up and I wiped my tears on my sleeve.

"Did you hear all of it?" I ask embarrassed.

She nodded smiling, "every single part. Look I'm not allowed to do this, but, if you want you can stay the night with her."

My eyes light up, "really you'd do that?" I ask.

"Yes, but you have to stay out of the way when needed, okay?"

I nod.

After everyone had left I went to the food court. They had so many options, from steak to sushi. I got a few things and headed to Betty's room.

I ate all of the food and watched a little TV, I didn't want to go to sleep. Not as long as Betty is unconscious.

Soon Archie walked in. "What are you doing here?" I ask.

"I wanted to check on Betty to see how she's doing."

"The same. Still unconscious." I inform.

He sits down next to me, "and I came to convince you to go to sleep." He says.

I look at Betty then at Archie, "I'm not going to sleep until I know she's okay."

"They say she's doing perfectly fine." Archie argues.

I frown, "until she wakes up."

"That could be days Jug. You need sleep you're getting bags under your eyes."

"Thanks for the self esteem booster." I say jokingly.

"Just get some sleep." Archie says leaving.

I stay up for hours watching cartoons and getting more food when I got hungry. I look at the clock, only 3:30 am. I yawn.

'Come on Jughead, stay awake'

"Jug?" Someone says.

I quickly turn around.

"Betts."

•~••~••~••~••~•
Veronica or Betty?
Enjoying the book? 🤩