I Like Betty Cooper

Jugheads POV
After school Archie and I went to Pop's. When we got there we got a pleasant surprise. Betty and Veronica were there. They looked like they were deep in conversation though. I wonder if everything's okay?

"Hey, mind if we sit?" I say looking at Betty.

She looks at me and gives me a face that makes me smile. "If you think your up to our expectations go right ahead." She says smiling.

I look at Veronica and nods at the seat next to her. I was a little disappointed that I wasn't sitting next to Betty. Wait. 'Why was I disappointed? It's not like I like her or anything. Even if I did she wouldn't feel the same way.'

I snap back into reality and realize everyone's staring at me.

"What?" I ask confused.

"Betty asked you a question Jug." Archie said.

"Oh! Sorry I spaced out. What was the question?" I said, hoping that no one would ask what I was thinking about.

"I was wondering if you wanted to investigate a little bit more about Jason Blossoms murder tomorrow ?" She said blushing a little and not looking at me straight in the eye.

"Sure. Not like I'm doing anything else. Unless I'm eating don't bother me then." Everyone laughed and agreed.

The night went by so fast. All we did was talk and laugh and of course eat.

After everyone was done and ready to head home I wanted to ask Betty if I could walk her home. 'Would that be too weird? Too boyfriend like? Nah it's not like I like her or anything.' I then felt this weird feeling in my stomach.

Betty was about to leave until I grabbed her arm. She turned around.

"What's up?"

"Well I was just wondering if..um I could walk you home since I live right by you now." 'Smooth bro, smooth' I though mentally face palming.

"Yeah sure that would be great! Hey Archie you coming?" She asked. Of course, I forgot I live with Archie, which means he'll walk with us too.

"I'm going to walk Veronica home sense there's a killer on the loose. I'll see you back at the house, Jug." He says waving and walking out the door with Veronica.

'Yes!! Alone with Betty! Wait. Ok ok, that's cool whatever.' I thought butterflies forming in my stomach.

"Bye Archie, bye Veronica. Hey Jug you coming?"

My head snaps and look at her. Has she always been this beautiful? Wait. Nope just tired, ignoring anything I'm thinking. "Yeah I coming."

The summer night was perfect. The moon was full and stars twinkled through out the sky. I looked at Betty to see that she was staring at the sky too. The stars twinkled in her eyes as they filled with curiosity.

"There are so many." She said in amazement. Still looking at the sky.

I realized she was talking about the sky. I looked up again. Then back at her. "Yeah it's really beautiful." I said still looking at her.

She then looked at me and I realized I was staring at her. And I still am! 'Stupid look away!' "Is something wrong? Is there something on my face?" She said pointing at her face.

"No there nothing there, sorry I spaced out.

"You've been spacing out lately," she said looking at the ground as we walked. "Is everything okay?" She finished looking back at me.

"Yeah everything's ok just school stuff."

"If your having trouble I can help you. Don't be afraid to ask."

She then stops and turns to look at me. "Well this is me." She says nodding towards her house.

The walk had gone by so fast I barley realized we were at her house already.

"Right." I said rubbing the back of my neck. " I guess I'll see you tomorrow?" I asked hoping the conversation wouldn't end.

"Yeah I'll see you, juggy." I look at her again. That nickname. No ones ever called me that. But I like it. It makes me feel, special, in a way.

I smile and wave "Bye Betts!"

She laughs and walks into her house, then waves and closes the door.

And I think to myself, 'I guess I do like Betty Cooper.' Then I walk into Archie's house and close the door. Nonstop smiling.

                            •~••~••~••~••
I have to admit Jughead is me when flirting! 😅
How are you liking the book? More to come till then, bye! 👋