There Are Going To Be Rules

Jugheads POV
"You need to get over here at the hospital, Archie's dad has been shot." Betty said. My eyes widen, "Ok I'll be right over." I hung up the phone and scrambled down stairs. John, my foster dad, was passing by me and I almost slammed into him.

"Hey! Just because you live here now doesn't mean you can make so much noise!" He said annoyed.

"Sorry sir. I need to go I'll be back later." I scrambled through the door and went to the bus stop. I didn't have to wait long luckily. I went on the bus, no one except the driver was there.

"Can you take me to the hospital? Please it's an emergency."

"Sorry kid your going to have to wait for the other bus." The bus driver said opening the doors gesturing for me to leave.

"Please, you have no one else on this bus and I'm sure you can be a few minutes late. My friends been shot and I need to see if they're okay." I said lying.

The driver sighed then looked at the time, "okay fine, but you are going to have to pay me extra." I nodded in agreement. He closed the bus doors and headed to the hospital.

We arrived at the hospital and as I was about to leave I gave the man a forty. I left the bus and ran inside the building. I looked around the hospital for Betty. I went to the waiting room where I found everybody, Betty, Veronica, and they're parents.

I ran towards them, "where's Archie?" I asked.

"He's being questioned by Sheriff Keller." Veronica said. I sat down by Betty and gave her a small smile which she returned. "How did this happen?"

"We were at Pop's," a voice behind us said.

"Archie." Veronica said standing up then running to hug him. They both sat down across from Betty and I.

"My dad was going to talk to me and he had ordered my favorite breakfast meal. I went to the restroom to clean up and that's when....I.."

"It's okay Arch...." Betty said. But Archie continued, "I heard yelling between Pop and a man so I walked out of the bathroom. There was a man with a black hood on and a gun. The gun was pointed at Pop. I looked at my dad, but he just shook his head. He stood up and got the Black Hoods attention and that's when..."

"Oh god..." Betty said looking at the floor. I put my hand on hers.

"Archie I'm so sorry." Veronica said putting her hand on his shoulder. He was looking at the floor and didn't respond to any of us.

Soon the doctor came out to spread news on Fred's condition. "We got the bullet out and stopped the bleeding. So he's stable for now. He can't breath as well, but he's on oxygen right now."

"When will he wake up?" Archie said.

"Well we don't know for sure, but I'm sure in a few hours he'll come around. How about you go and stay with him for a while so your friends can clear out of here."

Archie went to his dads room without another word leaving us all in silence. "I guess we should clear out now." I said looking at everyone.

"Betty let's go home." Her Mom said heading towards the door. "I'm going to hang with Jug for a while." She said stepping closer to me.

Betty's mom gave me a venomous look then at Betty, "no, I want you to come home. You were out after your curfew last night so now you have to make that up."

"Since when do I have a curfew?" Betty said arguing.

"Since last night. Now let's go." Her Mom grabs Betty by her wrist and pulls her towards the door. Betty stops her mom from pulling her any further. "I'm not going with you and I don't care what you say or do I'm leaving with Jug."

Her mom makes an over exaggerated gasp then storms out of the hospital. I walk over to Betty, "hope she doesn't disapprove of me now." I say jokingly. She smiles then looks over to where Veronica's standing.

"You gonna be okay?" Betty asks Veronica.

"Yeah I'm going to wait for Archie, I want to be there for him just in case." Betty nods in agreement and reaches for my hand pulling my outside of the hospital.

"Let's go somewhere peaceful for once." She says.

We make it to a park that's filled with trees and flowers. Some kids ran passed us giggling.

Betty pulled me to a spot where a river was. We sat on the grass right by the river. She looked at the river and put a finger into it. I put my hand in the water then brought it out and flicked the water at her. She screamed and flicked water back at me.

We stopped and just laughed for a while then we went silent. I got up and reached out for her hand, "I want to show you something." She took my hand and I helped her up.

"Do you trust me?" I asked. She looked me in the eyes and grabbed my hands, "of course I do."

I smiled, "ok, good. Close your eyes I'm going to lead you."

"Ok?" She said a little unsure. She closed her eyes and I went behind her and put my hands over her eyes.

"Just follow my voice, but stay close." I said.

"Start walking," I said following her. "Now slightly turn to the right." She turn to the right and kept walking. "Keep walking keep walking, now turn left." We walked for about five more minutes then I told her to stop.

"Are you ready? I asked smiling.

"Ready as I'll ever be." I removed my hands from her face and she opened her eyes.

"Oh.....wow" she said not able to say anything else.

"Beautiful right?" She nodded in agreement. We were at a cliff that over saw the whole town. The sun was setting right behind it all.

Betty went at the edge of the cliff and sat down. She looked back at me and gestured for me to sit next to her. I walked over by her and sat down.

"This is amazing. How did you find this spot Jug?"

"I don't remember all I know is that I come here to get away from everything. Your the only one I've shown this place to." I said blushing a little. "She smiled and let her head rest on my shoulder, "I'm glad you did."

"Betty I..."

'Just tell her, come on' I thought.

"Betty..I love you. I love you Betty Cooper."

Her head moved from my shoulder and she looked at me shocked. Then she smiled, "I love you too Jughead Jones." She leaned in and kissed me. I kissed her back trying not to smile.

We sat there awhile looking at the view, our hands intertwined with each other's. "We should probably go it's getting dark." I helped her up and we headed to the bus stop.

"You missed your first day of school. I totally forgot." Betty said.

"That's ok I had to for Archie he needed all of us."

Time skip~
Jughead's POV
I got home a little after eight. I was met by John in the kitchen. "So where have you been all day?" He asks drinking a bottle of beer.

"I was at the hospital my friends dad..." I was interrupted by John's fist slamming on the counter. "And that was so important to miss your first day of school?" He asks impatiently.

"Yeah it was." I said.

"If your going to live in this house there are going to be some rules, rule one: do not make any noise while you are here that means no music, no running, and no talking to that girl on the phone. Rule two: you go to school then you come back, no dilly dallying. And rule three: don't talk back."

He walks towards me and grabs me by my collar bringing me close to his beer breathe, "do you understand, brat?" I nod and he let's go of my shirt collar. I go straight to my room and lock the door.

I go to the bed and sit down, "damn him" I whisper.

                           •~••~••~••~••~•
Hope your liking the story 💕