drained

welcome to my book. before the oneshot, i like to give a brief overview of it, and a line from it to get you excited. also each oneshot is about 1k-2k words.

 feel free to skip some if they feel boring, click on the ones that sound interesting, because this book is for your benefit and enjoyment during the hiatus of this amazing show. <3

also i love comments! they make me a better writer by either critiquing me or encouraging me. 

~~~~~~

el returns from fighting the shadow monster (season 2, episode 9)

"can......can you stay?? with me?" 

enjoy :)

_

mike's knee couldn't stop shaking. all he thought about was her.

she had just returned from being missing for a whole year, then decided to risk her life again for the good of mankind. i hope mankind is thankful. they have no idea what kind of deep shit el saved them from.

when el left with hopper to go to the lab, all he could think about was her getting attacked by a demadog, just like bob. he couldn't- he tried not to think of it. so instead, he thought. he thought about how to distract them. and with help from their new party member, they did it. they distracted the demadogs long enough for her to close the gate. jonathan, nancy, joyce and will decided to spend the night at the cabin because they refused to go out at night, so when the kids returned to joyce's house, it was eerily empty. 

mike clutched the walkie-talkie, waiting for hopper's ok. but it was taking too long. after mike got back, the kids had been waiting for hours, crowding around the silent walkie-talkie.

almost everybody was asleep when they got the okay.

there was brief static before they heard hopper's call, "we closed it. she's okay,"

mike and steve were the only ones who heard it. mike's shoulders relaxed and he let out a breath he'd been carrying for hours.

another comm came in, "make some food. she's really drained. she's barely conscious,"

steve smiled at mike, stood up and went to the kitchen. he took some spaghetti form the pantry, because the fridge was a little occupied (with dustin stuffing a demodog in it), and started boiling some water. mike looked over at steve before going to jonathan's empty room. he made her a bed put some glasses of water on the nightstand.

about half an hour later, a car pulled up in the driveway.

mike ran out to greet her, but she was lying in the chief's arms. she was quite pale, but she was surled up in his arms.

mike's face faltered and hopper spoke before mike could, saying, "she's alright, kid. she's tired and drained. you make any food?"

mike nodded, "steve made spaghetti,"

the chief carried her into the house and started to wake her up, nudging at her, "hey. food,"

though she didn't move, mike heard her mutter, "eggos?"

mike smiled. looks like she's still the same el.

the chief said, "no. no. spaghetti,"

el curled up in the chief's arms, saying, "later. sleep,"

the chief nodded, then looked at steve, as the chief said, "can you put that in the fridge?"

"uh.......will the freezer work?" steve questioned.