Chapter 52

Marinette sat up slowly. It was cold, dark and quiet. Perfect for sleeping. And she didn't have any classes today so the more reason to sleep. But, she couldn't. Because she felt empty. She felt like crying. She felt lonely. She felt heartbroken. She knew, she's been counting. Adrien should be back. But he isn't. He promised to be here before the year ended. And it was now the last day of the year. And not a single call or text from him. Nothing.

Does he not want to here? Does he still love her? Has he forgotten his promise? Has he forgotten her?

The questions kept coming to Marinette, each more negative than the other. Her chest hurt. Her heart was slowly breaking. All the hope she had was slowly vanishing.

She knew what to do at that moment.

--

"If I'm not getting love, no one is!" She cried and blew her nose. She stared at the TV screen with teary eyes while stuffing her mouth with strawberry ice cream. An empty tub that contain chocolate ice cream laid a few feet away from her. On the table was a stack of desserts from her parents bakery. Stress eating. That's what she was doing.

Like they say, stressed backwards is desserts.

The movie Titanic was playing.

(No, it's not because I don't know any other movies or because it's a  popular love story. It's because I think 'heartbroken and wants love to die' Marinette would actually enjoy the fact that Jack dies and Rose doesn't get to be with him. XD)

She chuckled lowly as she watched the man drown to his death. She pictured him as Adrien. Yes. This was Marinette when she was heartbroken.

She placed the empty tub of ice cream aside and picked up a slice of chocolate cake. "I WILL NEVER BE HAPPY!" She cried as she bit into the cake. She whimpered while chewing on the piece.

--

It's been hours had passed and it was now three in the afternoon. Marinette was halfway through with the food. Because she was slowly eating. She was now eating a cheesecake.

"Love sucks so much. It feels so good at first but in the end it hurts so bad. It will eat my pain way." She grumbled as she stared at the cheesecake. She took a big bite out of it and moaned. "WHY DOES HEARTBREAK TASTE SO GOOD!!??" She begin to cry again.

She sobbed loudly until the door opened, scaring her and causing her to jump off the couch.

"Marinette?" It was Alya. Alya looked around the room and spotted her best friend of the floor, still in her pyjamas that were stained with frosting. Alya stared at her friend quizzically until she stop the various desserts on the table next to the couch.

She sighed. "Why are you eating? Is this you've been doing all day?"

Marinette sat up, supporting herself with her arms. "Yes. And what? Is it wrong to eat? Don't humans need to eat? It's essential for ou-" Alya cut her off.

"No, why are you eating so much sweets. I'm surprised you're not fat." She bemused as she watched Marinette get on her feet. Marinette shrugged. "You know when you're in love you get all tingly, warm and mushy inside."