Chapter 24: This is exactly what's wrong.

His eyes had gotten darker. Calmer. A little less emotional. And as of right now the lack of emotions in his eyes pleased me.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to talk. And maybe help you patch yourself up."

"I can manage." I said.

"No. No, you can't." He locked my body between his and the sink and lowered his head. "You're going to let me do this because the last thing I need is you being injured."

"Get away from me." I said coldly. He took a step back and I lifted my shirt to show him the bruising.

He placed his hands on my waist and placed me near the sink on the counter.

"Hold my shoulders, this is going to hurt." He said.

"No."

"Look you have to fucking trust me!"

"I can't trust you."

"Then don't! Just hold my fucking shoulders so that your body stays steady!"

"No. No, I don't want your help, I can manage."

"Well I don't want you to! I want you to talk to me! And this is the best time to talk."

"No! No it isn't! I don't want to talk to you."

"What happened between you and Austin? Because I know something went wrong. I saw the look on your face when you beat me up. It's not normal Izabelle. It's not you. And that scares the fuck out of me! I need you to trust me. Tell me what's wrong. I told you I just want to protect--"

"This is exactly what's wrong! Gosh, how many times do I have to explain this to you?! Don't you see? I can protect myself! I'm not weak! I'm not controlled by my emotions like you are, I'm not stupid like Ace, I'm not fucking pathetic like Prince! I don't need anyone to protect me! Your job is to fight me and make me stronger, not be an overprotective little bitch! Stop treating me like I can't take care of myself because we both know that I can!"

"I don't consider you weak! I fucking love you, you stupid stupid girl! You know what Izabelle, I care about you more than you realize and I'm sorry if I want to protect someone I care about deeply! Not because I think you're weak and can't do it yourself!"

I shook my head and smirked. "So Austin told you."

"Told me what?" I wasn't falling for his crappy act again!

"Stop it! You know!"

"What did Austin do?"

"Nothing! Austin did nothing."

"Then why are you being this way?" He was frustrated now. Tired of how I was behaving.

"You're the king, you're going to have to torture it out of me."

"I know I wasn't very nice to you but believe it or not you're not the only one having a crappy day and yeah I let it get to me but I guess this is my way of apologizing. All I want from you is a little cooperation!"

"No. You don't get to be mean to me and take it back whenever you want! I'm not like you, things affect me!" I don't know how he managed to do this to me every time! He made me feel so much more than I expected I could feel!

"I'm sorry if your attitude bothers me and I'm shit at hiding it! But maybe if you at least tried to pretend like the world didn't revolve around you we'd be having a very different conversation!"

"You're the one who made me feel like that in the first place! You're the one always telling me that I have to be saved! You're the one who believes the world revolves around me!"