Chapter 27

BANG

We all turned toward's the building on our right.

"Hmm? I wonder what that was. It seems as if there is some commotion over there. Shall we take a look?" Soo-won hummed, thinking out loud.

"A commotion?" Lili asked.

"Are you kidding? We can't go over there!" Lili continued, turning to Soo-won. I studied the building silently. This didn't seem like any normal commotion...

"Huh?" Soo-won asked.

"It's probably Nadai addicts. They're extremely annoying to handle. We have to do something about it eventually but... We have no time to deal with it now" Lili said, obviously nervous about it.

"We'll try to avoid them as much as possible" Lili continued.

"But..." Soo-won began.

"You're my body guard, aren't you!? Do what I say!" Lili complained, leaning closer to him.

"Yes" Soo-won chuckled, sweat dropping. I chuckled under my breath. If only she knew that she was yelling at the king of Kouka...

Actually, she probably wouldn't care.

We continued forward and I glanced over my shoulder, to witness a man stumbling out, the tip of a familiar sword slashing his chest. I smirked.

Shin-ha.

~Time skip~

"I see. So this person named Hiyou brought the drug to the coastal towns of the water tribe?" Soo-won asked, munching on his food.

One of the soldiers was currently healing my leg and I sat beside Lili, who was also eating.

"Right. He's probably the ring leader of the Nadai smugglers. He's a despicable enemy who stabbed a close aide of mine" Lili said, nibbling her bun. If it had been any other situation, I would have poked her nose and called her adorable. But all I could do was sigh as I tried not to kick the man healing me. It hurt like hell. The wound was deep, and walking around so much, I had only worsened it.

Luckily, no one had questioned my presence. Yet.

"I don't know the exact location or the agenda, but I've heard he's doing business with merchants from south Kai around Sensui" Lili said, nodding determinedly.

If this wasn't such a serious conversation, they would be adorable.

"Mhmm, mhmm! Oh, some red bean soup please" Soo-won said, distracted by the waiter. Much to my amusement, but Joo-doh looked pissed.

"You two..." Joo-doh muttered.

"Is now the time to be taking a break at a cafe?" He asked, from beside Soo-won.

"It can't be helped. I arrived here after riding about a day on horse back" Lili pouted, completely unaffected by his deadly glare and the way too happy aura around herself and the king.

"Sweets will energize us. Joo-doh, why don't you eat a dumpling, too?" Soo-won grinned childishly.

"I don't need one!" Joo-doh snapped, slamming his hand on the table. My grip tightened ont he chair as I winced. Luckily, my back was to the trio.

"You seem to have hired a short tempered man" Lili said, munching on her bun once again.

"That's the interesting part about him" Soo-won chuckled back.

"But now that I've looked at the entire town like this... I've caught onto Sensui's peculiarity" Soo-won said, suddenly a lot more serious.

"This town is the first I've seen with people with such hardened eyes" Soo-won continued.