Chapter Eight-The Gossip Girls

Slang Dictionary:

Calm- in this context, it means are we cool?

Beat- Had sex

Backing- On that person's 'side'.

I opened my eyes, and the world slowly started to become clearer. I felt extreme pain all over my body, and I could barely get up. I realised I was in a hospital. What even happened? My mum quickly ran over to me as soon as she saw I woke up

'Rihanna, are you alright baby' she said with a tear rolling down her cheek.

'Yeah, I guess, what ha-ha-happened?' I tried to reply, but I could barely talk.

'Baby, it's very hard to say. I got home from a blind date and found you on the floor with an empty needle next to you and the whole place was messed up and you laid on the floor bleeding. The first thing that came to my mind was that you took drugs, but when I called the police and the ambulance, the police investigated the scene and found out you were raped. By a group of boys. They injected something into you to get you unconscious, and maybe one of the side effects is that you can't remember much from before the incident, however, do you remember any of their faces?'

I sat up in shock. My mum calmed me down and made me lie down again. I remembered. It was Joshua. That dickhead.

'Mum, it was Joshua. He brought like 3 boys with him and next thing I knew was that I was on the floor, and I couldn't move.'

My mum was listening, and I could see on her face that she felt betrayed. Joshua has been my friend for a very long time, and my mum sacrificed many things for him, just so he could live a happier life. Another tear rolled down my mum's cheek.

'I can't believe this. Another question, are you pregnant?'

My heart was beating so fast, it felt like I could barely breathe.

'I'm just asking cause the police found an ultrasound picture laying on the floor, and I know I haven't recently got an ultrasound done.'

'You know what, I need to stop lying to you. Yes, I am pregnant. I don't know if you remember, but one day I went to one of my client's house and when I got back home, I told you how rich he was and everything. He is the father of my baby.'

My mum looked at me with a disappointed look on her face.

'Where was the protection? I told you to take precautions.'

'He paid extra for no protection.'

My mum shook her head and let out a little bit of sarcastic laughter. The doctor came in at the right time, disturbing the awkward conversation between us.

'Okay, so good news, your baby is fine and it has not been harmed at all. However, you do have some tears down there, so you will need to have a little surgery to sew them up.'

I sighed and agreed, I already knew that sewing wounds in your vagina didn't hurt much, most mothers had to do it after they gave birth. Before I knew it, they rolled me out of the room I was in, and put me in a surgery room. They numbed that area and performed the little surgery.

***********************************************************************************************

When the surgery was done, they put me back in the recovery room, and as I sat up, I saw... Tyron. My mum wasn't in the room anymore, she went to go and talk to the doctor.

'Tyron?'

He smiled and ran over to me and hugged me tightly.

'How did you know I was in the hospital?' I asked.

'Long story, I will tell you when I finish actually saying hello to you.'

'Wait, are we calm now, like have you forgiven me. I really didn't mean to say tha-'

'It's okay, you're talking too much. I'm just happy to see you again.'

Tyron then pulled out his phone and went on YouTube. He clicked on a video and I heard an intro song that sounded a bit familiar.

'Why are you watching Oreofe and Mame's YouTube Channel?' Oreofe was Mame's primary school best friend and they had a YouTube Channel together. He didn't reply and turned his phone around to face me and he made me watch the video:

Oreofe: Hey guys, welcome back to our channel. Today we have very interesting gossip for you guys.

Mame: Yes, you heard her, more gossip!

Oreofe: Today we will be talking about the topic of.....

Mame: RIHANNA MARTINEZ!

I rolled my eyes, as I expected them to mention my name, why else would Tyron want to show me their video?

Oreofe: Firstly, you guys need to know, she's a prostitute.

'Hoe, I don't like the word prostitute, hoe sounds better.' I said as I rolled my eyes again.

Mame: Yes, she gets bare money for it though, she got £2000 from Brandon, the richest boy in school!

Oreofe: And they beat, and guess what. She's pregnant! We have proof right here (shows my ultrasound picture on the screen)

Mame: And by the way, that's not a fake picture, we found it when Joshua exposed her all over social media!

Oreofe: Yeah, and.... she got gang-raped by Joshua and his friends!

(They both start laughing)

Mame: We told you first, she's a SKET.

And then the video cut off. Tyron put his phone away and looked at me sympathetically.

'It's okay, don't worry, I always get these kinds of comments. I'm used to it...' I said.

He looked at me as if he was about to cry, and said, 'is all of this really true? Or are they making up all of this bullshit? Are you pregnant? Did you have sex with Brandon? Did you get gang-raped? And are you really a hoe?'

I looked down with embarrassment written all over me.

'Because if it is, if you're pregnant, we will take care of that baby, if you did have sex with Brandon, I won't mind, because you didn't even know me then, if you got gang-raped, I will fuck those boys up and finally if you're a hoe, you would have to stop for me.'

I looked at him, confused. Was Tyron actually backing me? Normally, everyone would give me funny looks and laugh at me, but Tyron was just trying to help...