Chapter Nineteen - Finally 15

3 MONTHS LATER

It was finally my 15th birthday. Some people would never think in a million years that I was only 15, considering everything I have been through in this short amount of time. I have been traumatised. I try to be optimistic and put a smile on my face for everyone else, but truly, deep inside, I have been broken. The only thing that kept me going was Tye and my son. Yep, I was still with Tye and yep I was still pregnant. It was actually getting very close to my due date by this time, and I was very surprised that I even made it this far with my pregnancy. Time had flown by; I was already 8 months pregnant so you can imagine how big my belly was by this time.

My 15th birthday fell on a Saturday which was obviously very convenient because it meant I did not have to do school work on my birthday (I was still not attending school physically because of the pregnancy but I was still doing online school). 

I woke up to the sunlight peaking through the gaps in my curtains. I lifted myself up and rubbed my eyes. Wow. I was finally 15. I really made it this far. I looked down at my humongous belly and smiled. I already knew nothing was planned for my birthday - it was only my 15th so I was not really expecting anything - just a few 'happy birthday' texts. I went and brushed my teeth and looked at myself in the mirror.

'I've really dealt with life for 15 years...' I said to myself.

I proceeded to make my way downstairs and switched on the light.

'SURPRISEEEE!' 

To my surprise, my mum, dad and Tye were all standing there with balloons everywhere and they had just threw confetti everywhere. They really didn't have to do this for me. It was ONLY my 15th birthday, but of course, I was still extremely grateful. I walked up to them with tears slowly gathering in my eyes and I hugged them all. It felt like my fantasy came true: my mum and dad were here and I had the perfect boyfriend and I was about to start a family even though it was starting a bit early. Everything happens for a reason...

We had a great morning; they ordered a massive breakfast from MacDonalds (even though it seems like a cheap thing to do, I really do love MacDonalds breakfast) and we talked about all the stories and moments that my dad had missed while he was not in my life. Although he missed so much and was selfish years ago, but I understood him and forgave him. And besides... he was dating mum again so of course I had to forgive him. It felt like my life was actually turning around - I hated the thought of being a hoe and started caring mostly about my son that was going to be on earth very soon. And I mean VERY SOON.

Like... VERY SOON...

'Guys... I just peed on myself... A LOT' I said. Everybody looked at me with fear written all over their faces. We all knew what this meant. My water broke and I was not even full term I still had about 3 weeks to go. This wasn't what we had planned for. Tye ran upstairs and grabbed the hospital bag that we had packed together weeks ago and I started breathing faster and faster ad my first contraction hit. I was about to have a very quick labour...

We had all gotten into my mum's car and we were ready to go to the hospital. My son was actually on his way. On my 15th birthday... I was going to have the same birthday as my son! It was the most exciting thing ever! I was so happy. But when I said 'quick labour', I meant it. Contractions were speeding up very fast and they were lasting longer and had a shorter time in between each contraction. I started to feel something down there. I asked Tye to look and he screamed, 'OH MY GOD! IT'S HIS HEAD!'. We were stuck at a traffic light and we were still 5 minutes away from the hospital. It looked like I was not going to have my son at the hospital but in my mum's car...