Chapter 6 : Eavesdroppers

"You know we should-" Jonah began before he was interrupted by the ring of my phone. I pulled away while nervously biting my lip, noticing how he seemed a bit irritated.

"Sorry, it's my friend. I better take this." I apologized and picked up the call. "Hello? Zach?"

"Omg finally, Sky where are you? I've texted you so many times and you didn't reply. Plus, we found Daniel ages ago." Zach answered.

"Sorry, I was with..." I looked at Jonah in the eye. "..a friend."

Jonah smiled and muttered under his breath, "You know it."

"I thought.. never mind that, where are you right now?" Zach questioned.

"Um, in a room with speakers in every corner, and uh.." I scanned the room for details. "..there's a fireplace and two people throwing and catching a vase."

"Ok, don't move." He said, dropping the call.

"Sorry.. did you wanna say something..?" I turned to face Jonah without meeting his eye.

"Stop saying sorry your fine...and forget about what I was gonna say, it's not really important." He lifted my chin up with his pointer finger and grinned.

"HAZAH! I found you!" Zach celebrated, running up to me. His expression dropped the second he saw Jonah, who had the corners of his mouth curled up to a smile. "I thought you didn't know many people here, who's this?"

"Zach, this is Jonah. Jonah, this is Zach." I introduced them to each other.

"Hey.." Jonah raised a brow and stuffed his hands into the back pockets of his black jeans.

"Yeah, uh..hi. Anyway, Sky come on, the rest are waiting for us." Zach responded.

"Can Jonah come with us?" I asked. Jonah looked at me surprised, then glanced over at Zach, who looked the slightest bit bothered.

"Uh, yeah sure. Come on." Jonah and I followed Zach, who lead us into the kitchen. The loud, obnoxious music got muffled and was replaced by the sound of a couple of voices singing and creating a beat by slapping their hands on the kitchen island. As I got closer, I realized that 2 of the guys were Jack and Corbyn but I couldn't recognize the third guy because his back was facing me.

"Wow, you guys are really good. No one told me that you guys could sing." I remarked.

"Christina, we've told you so ma-" The third guy began only to realize I wasn't Christina. "Wait.." The guy stared at me, stunned and I instantly recognized who he was. Cropped brown hair, crystal blue eyes. Yep, this was Daniel. "Sorry.. I thought you were one of our friends, Christina." He apologized.

"It's alright. I'm Skylar."

"Oooh! You're Zach's girl!" Daniel mentioned.

Jonah's head quickly turned to look at me, confused. "I thought you said you were single?"

"That's what I thought too.." I glanced over at Zach shaking his head in his hands. When he looked up, his face was a bright, flushed red.

"I never said that!" He groaned, embarrassed.

"Oh. Um.. let's just pretend as if this never happened.. I'm Daniel." Daniel said, scratching the back of his neck.