Chapter 21 : Say Yes?

Skylar's POV

As I laid in bed that evening, I thought about the school day. Especially one part of it in particular, lunch.

I don't know what came over me, but I did it. I kissed Jonah. With no hesitation and shockingly... no regrets. I knew that if I picked dare, he was going to ask for a kiss. I mean, we're talking about Jonah so, why wouldn't he?

I basically dared myself to choose dare.. and actually did it. Most of the time I would find ways to get out of it, being the chicken I am.

Who am I? What's this new side of me?

Jonah seemed slightly surprised too, when I accepted the challenge. I'm still the one who's surprised. It's like I'm a whole new person. It's like he's bringing out a different person in me...

Before our lips met, he stated that he thinks he likes someone. I haven't seen him hang out with anyone lately but maybe he's seen someone in the halls with or met a girl in a class of his. For some reason, I want to know who it could possibly be. I'm just curious. When Jonah asked me if I was crushing on anyone, it was as if every word in the English language had escaped my brain.

Do I like someone?... what if..

A thought drifted into my brain but it couldn't be true. It can't be. I won't let it be.

There's no way I could like Jonah. That's impossible.. right?

I tossed over to my side and put my hand underneath my pillow, and shut my eyes, hoping to fall asleep quickly. But I didn't. No matter how many times I tossed and turned, adjusted my pillow, or even stared at the ceiling, I couldn't get myself to go to bed. I let out an irritated groan.

I guess I'll just go to school looking like a zombie tomorrow.

-

Zach's POV

As I walked into the school building I scanned around looking for a certain person. I stopped at my locker first and put away my book bag.

Within only two minutes I spotted who I was looking for. There they were, surrounded by a mob of other people as always. I stopped to think.

Maybe I'll say something to her when there won't be as many people... no, I think should do it now.

"Uh hey, Madison?" I said as I gathered the courage to walk up to her and her group of friends. She looked up from her nails and smiled.

"Oh hey, Zach. Do you want something?"

"Can we talk?" I asked her, scratching the back of my neck. She nodded but I stared at her awkwardly.

"Oh, you mean privately.. sure." She shrugged. "Come this way." She pulled me aside by the wrist. "Make it quick."

Madison and I knew each other since we were both in diapers. Our parents were always good friends with each other so we would see each other pretty often. We grew sort of close due to our parents but I wouldn't ever consider us close friends. Just acquaintances. since we grew up together, I witnessed how her popularity grew more and more through the years and along with it, I saw how it changed every aspect of her.

Madison's family was always very wealthy- no doubt about it. She got many of the things she wanted as a kid. Whether it was one of those Easy Bake Oven things, a boyfriend, the latest phone model, a creepy-ass life size Barbie doll, or $200 boots, she'd get it. That's probably the only thing that didn't change about her.