Chapter 3 : 4th Grade Crushes

When I got home, I dropped my bag by the stairs and ran up to my room. I plopped onto my bed and immediately texted Emma. I had to fill her in.

Emmaaaaaaa reply

Heyyy. I'm guessing that your gonna complain about the school day.

Nope. You're wrong 👍🏻

No way. My best friend had fun without me?! That's not possible.

Shut up.

Hahahaahaha. Sooo what happened?

I'll start with the bad news. Ethan is in my english class.

Ignore him. He's not worth your time. You'll survive the year- I'm sure of it.

Aww- thanks and yeah.. but I'm only 88% sure that I'll survive.

....why?

I'll start from the beginning. I bumped into a guy by my locker.

Omg. That's the beginning of every single love story. It's a sign. 💞

Ewwwwww no way. Shut up.

HAHAHAHHA. Ok well if I end up being right don't kill me when I say "I told ya so"

Well it's never gonna happen. ANYWAY.... so his name is Zach and he's really chill and funny. He's in my english class too.

A PERFECT DISTRACTION FROM THE EX

i'm just gonna ignore you- anyway, we hung out and ate lunch and then exchanged numbers and yeah, thats it.

JSJDIWKKSJDWJ YOU GUYS HAD LUNCH TOGETHER ALREADY AND EXCHANGED NUMBERS?!!? AND YOUR SAYING THAT THIS ISN'T THE PERFECT LOVE STORY???

Someone explain to me why I'm friends with you.

Cuz you can't survive without me hahaha.

Ugh why is that so true. Oh btw, remember Jack Avery? The guy who liked you in 4th grade?

Oh god.... what about him?

He's Zach's friend AND HE HAD NO IDEA WHO I WAS. HE DIDN'T REMEMBER ME.

Probably because I wasn't there. I remember he wrote me a poem when we were 10. So you're friends with him?

I guess, we talked today. I'm gonna mention you tomorrow just to mortify you and see if he remembers hehehehe...

Whatever. I gtg, Mom needs help with things. Luv ya 💕

Okie byeee ❤️

I laughed. Jack had a huge crush on Emma in 4th grade. One day he wrote her a love poem and left it in her cubby. She was disgusted. Poor Jack.

-

It was the second day of school and for some reason, it was harder to wake up. Before I could even walk through the front doors, I heard a voice from behind that stopped me. "Ayy what's up Sky." I looked back to see Zach, in a yellow sweatshirt, running up to me.