Chapter 15 : Middle School Boys

Skylar's POV

Throughout the car ride, Jonah would say something to either make me laugh or smile and surprisingly, it worked. He's still a pain in the *ss most of the time though.

"We're here!" He beamed, turning to face me.

"About time." I said as I got out of his car and stood in front of him. "Being stuck in a car with you for half an hour is painful." I smiled sarcastically.

"And I have the rest of the day to change that statement." He remarked.

"Nope." I shook my head. "Now, you brought me here. Buy me some ice cream."

"Demanding and feisty. I like it." He shrugged. I smiled with pride.

Jonah took me to an ice cream parlor and bought me a couple scoops, making me feel very pleased. As we walked along the beach and passed time, the sky was slowly changing, melting into colors like pink and orange as the sun slowly started to set.

"Aren't you gonna say thank you?" He raised his eyebrow as I finished my ice cream.

"Pfffft... no." I scoffed. "You're gonna have to earn it." Pursing his lips, he stuffed his hands into his pockets and sighed.

"I guess I won't be getting that thank you then." He said as an idea sparked in my mind and my eyes lit up.

"You could sing for me." I pointed out.

"Not happening." He answered quickly. I stopped in my tracks.

"Is there any way to make you sing in front of someone?" I questioned. Jonah stopped walking and grinned.

"I mean, if you...kissed me again, there's always a chance."

"Not worth it." I replied, speeding up to get ahead of him. Jonah moved faster and caught up with me anyways.

"Come on! I have the voice of an angel." He persuaded.

"Zach's voice is most likely better." I smiled slyly.

"Hell no- that kid is nothing compared to me." He boasted, running his fingers through his hair.

Oh God, he's cocky too.

"Oh really? Prove it." I challenged. Jonah realized what he said and looked down at his feet and then back at me.

"Can I back out?" He gave me a pleaded expression. I placed my hand on his shoulder.

"I won't judge you." I smiled. "And maybe, who knows...it might be your lucky day."

He gave me an unpleased look and took in a deep breath, starting to sing softly. My eyes suddenly widened with shock.

How come every boy that I've met these past few weeks can sing really well? Damn.

Jonah immediately stopped within a minute, embarrassed. When he looked up again, his gaze met mine, causing me to let out a chuckle.

I leaned in, placing one hand on his chest while the other rested on his shoulder, and gave him a quick peck on the cheek, delighted. "Thank you, jack*ss." I smiled as he began to turn pink.

As we stood there, we both overheard some giggle and turned our heads to see a group of young boys, probably only in middle school, watching and snickering at us.

"Kissy, kissy!" One yelled.

They laughed even more. "Rip each other's clothes off!"

"Get a room!" Another shouted, making all the others erupt with laughter.