Chapter 12 : Tardy Slips

My heart was still beating really fast and my whole face felt red.

Jonah just kissed me. I just kissed Jonah.

My mind couldn't think straight. I had multiple questions popping into my head at the same time but only one of them was the one that I was thinking about.

Jonah said that our fake relationship would have no true feelings. What do we do now? Are these even actual feelings?

I sat down on the couch with a heavy sigh. I took my phone out and decided to fill in Emma with a FaceTime call. She picked up the call immediately and yawned.

"Hey-" She started before I cut her off.

"JONAH KISSED ME." I shouted at my phone screen.

I watched Emma suddenly sit up straight. "What?! When?!"

"Right now, in his car." I exclaimed.

"In his car?!" Her eyes widened and she let out a giggle. "Steamy... did you guys make the car dance?"

"No, you nasty child. I wish a could throw a pillow through the screen."

"Ok, ok.. sorry. That poor pillow has been through a lot." She laughed. "But tell me, how?" I felt my face slowly begin to flush. "Ok hold up, I'm coming over. Tell me then." I nodded and said bye to her as she ended the FaceTime call.

There ended up being about 20 minutes of me just eating ice cream while looking back at what went down earlier.

"Come in!" I shouted. Emma walked in and shut the door behind her.

"I'm here! Time to spill the tea!" She announced, taking a seat on my white couch. "Is your mom home?" I shook my head, sitting down next to her. "Then start talking! I wanna hear everything from the start.

So I did what she told me to do and started from the end of the school day, when Madison called out my name.

"When she left..." I trailed off, thinking about what Jonah had said to me.

Emma waved her hand in front of my face. "Hello? Earth to Skylar!"

"Wha- oh sorry."

She laughed. "Damn, you've gone crazy for this boy in less than a week."

I scoffed. "No I haven't. Anyway, as I was saying..." I repeated every word Jonah had said to me to her.

Don't let her get to you. I mean, look at you. You're pretty and kind...

"Then, in the car, I asked him if he meant all that and then I stopped and stuttered and then he said-"

"Woah, woah, woah, slow down."

Taking in a deep breath, I continued. "I realized how close we were and then...it just happened." I shrugged.

"Aww!" She gushed. "Is he a good ki-"

"Shut up!" I cut her off, blushing. She started laughing. When she calmed down, I let out a sigh. "But our relationship is fake and it's only been a day. He also said that there would be no feelings."