Chapter 11 : Desperate

I looked at Jonah, confused on what to do. "Uh...nope. I'm not gonna fall for any tricks." I finally said, smirking. "You're right, you'll have to find some other way."

Jonah let out a groan. "Fine." Zach looked at his phone then back at us.

"I'm gonna go now... if he ever starts singing, call me. I wanna see that happen." He informed.

I waved him goodbye and shot Jonah a nasty look the second he was out of sight. "For a kiss? Really? You think I would fall for that?"

"I'm trying. Besides, we're 'dating', I don't see the problem here." He chuckled. "There's also no need to be scared. I don't bite."

"Jonah!" I slapped his shoulder. He chuckled. "Kissing you is the last thing I would do on earth."

"So you would marry me...before you kiss me.. I see." He joked.

"You need help." I groaned and checked the time on my phone. "I'm gonna go in, lunch ends in five minutes."

"Can I drive you home afterwards?" He looked up.

"I'll see.." I replied and got up from the picnic bench. Jonah also stood up and followed me all the way back to my locker. "What do you want?" I asked, irritated. He didn't answer and instead gave me a small, hopeful smile. Realizing what he wanted, I sighed and gave in. "Fine. You can drive me home."

-

It was the end of the day and I was walking out the school with my backpack hanging over my shoulder. I had my phone in my hands as I made my way to the parking lot, where Jonah was waiting for me.

As I walked, I heard someone call my name from behind. I recognized who's voice it was without the need of looking. It was no other than Madison Lewis.

What does she want...

"Hey, you! Skylar!" She called. I turned my head to see her strutting up to me.

"Oh god.." I muttered under my breath and inhaled deeply. "Madison."

"Skylar." She looked at me straight in the eye, challengingly.

I waited for her to say something then rolled my eyes. "What do you want?"

"I heard you moved on." She commented, twirling her hair with her finger.

"Meaning?" I raised my eyebrows.

"You somehow got a boyfriend, duh. Wow, you're really are dumb." She laughed, tilting her head back slightly.

"How did you find out?" I questioned. The only people who know other than Jonah are Zach and Corbyn- wait.. and Ethan. How could I forget?

"News spreads around quickly at North Ridge." She had a point. When me and Ethan broke up, everyone in the school found out by first period the very next day. "I just wanted to make sure it wasn't fake news and that you weren't making it all up, being the desperate child you are." She batted her lashes.

I could not believe her. "Me being desperate for a guy? Bullsh*t. That sounds like you." I snapped. For a moment she didn't say anything and stood still with her arms crossed.