Chapter 19 : Detention

It was the next morning and Zach and I were laughing over a topic at the beginning of English.

"Why would you do that?" I managed to ask him while laughing.

"How would I know? I'm a weird kid." He shrugged with a chuckle.

"Oh trust me, I already know that." I remarked once I had calmed down. "Especially with the gra-" I added before I got cut off. I turned and looked up to see Jonah walking towards his seat. He had somehow managed to sneak in, avoiding the teacher completely because he was late by a couple minutes.

"Hey babygirl." He interrupted.

"Shut up Jonah." I rolled my eyes with a smile.

"Yeah, shut up Jonah." Zach snickered.

"Who asked you?" Jonah snapped as he sat down in his seat, slouching down a bit, making himself comfy.

"I'm just saying. You don't have to act in front of me anymore." Zach pointed out. I shot him a look.

Oh no no no IDIOT. ZACH STOP YOU DUMB*SS.

"What..?" Jonah furrowed his eyebrows and looked at me.

"You know... your 'relationship'." Zach mentioned, using air quotes.

"Guys..." I said cautiously, trying to stop them from arguing.

"What are you talking about?" Jonah tried covering it up.

"You know what I'm talking about."

"I don't know, you're talking sh*t." Jonah denied.

"No, you're talking sh*t." Zach argued.

"Guys.." I repeated, a bit louder.

"Well then, you are a fucking piece of sh*t." Jonah shot back.

JONAH NOT YOU TOO- CALM DOWN. THERE'S NO POINT IN DOING THIS.

"Pa-lease. I am the definition of hot." Zach boasted.

Jonah chuckled. "If you think you're hot, clearly you need to snap back into reality and look at me more often."

"Can you guys please shut up?" I grumbled but they ignored me. Their arguing got louder and whenever I made an effort to stop them, it seemed as if they thought I wasn't there, when I was clearly sitting between them.  Suddenly, Mrs. Morrison stood up from her seat.

"Zach, Skylar, and Jonah. Detention today, after school. You're disrupting the class." She called out sternly.

I shot them a glare. "You f*cking idiots. Look what you got me into."

-

For the rest of English, both Zach and Jonah remained silent. During science, Jonah seemed as if he wanted to say something but seemed to not get the opportunity to.

As I walked down the busy hallway on my way to lunch, I felt an arm grab me from my wrist and pull me into the dusty, dark, and cramped storage closet.

"What the fu-" That's when the lights flicked on and I recognized the face in front of me. "Oh my gosh, Jonah you scared the sh*t out of me!" I shouted, watching him smile a little.

"Whoops, didn't mean to, babygirl."

"What do you want? I have a lunch to devour."

"I wanted to ask you something." He responded.

"Can't we do that at lunch?" I asked, slightly irritated.

He shook his head. "Nope. It had to be private. Anyway... how did he find out?"