Robert Smith and Simon Gallup The Cure

Simon knows Robert is up to something. The attraction between them has been more than mere eye-flirtation over the past week, though that's always been rampant.

Robert is slightly drunk, and maybe he's even on more than just booze, who knows. What's been known to Simon is that Robert's been checking him from head to toe and he's got a particular fixation on Simon's bum, or maybe his thighs, and if Simon turns, Robert's eyes will stay at the same level, staring at his crotch.

Robert wouldn't stop it, because it seems like Simon's the only one he's got a bit of affection left for now, so he shuts off to everyone and everything, only chuckling behind his lipstick when Simon seems to notice him back. Simon figures it's just a phase, it'll go once Robert gets into something else, and the only contact they'll have would be squabbling over fuck all, maybe pulling each other's hair angrily or grinding against each other accidently, but not more.

At the moment Robert wants something, so Simon decides to ignore him completely. It would give Simon a chance to test how much Robert really wants him, and is not just playing some mind game with him. How much Robert would be willing to fight for him, even through the rough feelings and denial from the group if they find out about what would happen between him and Robert; And he's convinced that the rollercoaster of emotions and attraction between them has been going for far too long, it would be unlikely if they don't come forward one way or another and do something about it. Just to make sure Robert doesn't forget about him by an unlikely turn of events, he lets Robert do the chase – only to make Robert want him more. Simon tells himself he's been the one pining for so long, trying and failing to bring it up with Robert so many times it became awkward, only settling for brief touching and kissing, almost losing hope for something to happen between them - but now he figures he knows how to make Robert want him – or at least he'll know he tried. Simon actually wants nothing more than to kiss Robert's mouth, to say a few adoring words for him in private, where he knows they'll sink in, to tell him he never looked better, that Robert's grown into a proper man and Simon loves it that there's more of him to love. It became more of an obsession for Simon – if before Robert was a good-looking man, nowadays he oozes sexuality and sensuality – if he gives you a hug now, it would be squishy and you wouldn't want to let go, and his neck is looking thick and strong and strangely appealing when he breaks a sweat on stage, and those thighs you just... Simon gets aroused when he thinks what he wants to do between those thighs. Point is, he doesn't want to be the first to break and tell Robert – because he's scared he would be too transparent.