-chapter 2-

Song; Just Like You by Louis Tomlinson

(repeat if necessary)

...

"So Louis, this is an interview. Do you have any questions for me?"

Louis was caught off guard, leaving him to flush and nod frantically. "R-Right yeah, s-sorry." he stuttered out, avoiding the burning gaze.

He grabbed the small packet that Niall gave him to use, flipping open to the first page. He quickly looked up at the man, who was beginning to look bored.

He quickly opened his phone and clicked the voice recording app, pressing play. "S-So, Mr. Styles. To what do you-" Louis was cut off by an irritated voice.

"To what do I owe to my success?" he asked with a smirk, yet disappointment flashed in his eyes. Louis opened his mouth, nothing coming out, so he settled for nodding meekly.

"Business is all about people, Louis, and I'm very good at judging people. I know how they tick, what makes them flourish, what doesn't, what inspires them, and how to incentivize them. I employ an exceptional team, and I reward them well." He paused and stared at Louis intently, making him squirm.

"My belief is to achieve success in any scheme one has to make oneself master of that scheme, know it inside and out, know every detail. I work hard, very hard to do that. I make decisions based on logic and facts. I have a natural gut instinct that can spot and nurture a good solid idea and good people. The bottom line is, it's always down to good people." He finished, sitting back and resting his foot on his knee.

"Well maybe you're just lucky." Louis blurted out, unable to censor his thoughts. He cursed himself when the man's face settled into one for surprise, eyebrows raised in amusement.

"I don't subscribe to luck or chance, Mister Tomlinson." Louis refrained from letting his eyes bulge out and he gulped, trying to calm his shaking hands.

"The harder I work the more luck I seem to have. It really is all about having the right people on your team and directing their energies accordingly. I think it was Harvey Firestone who said 'the growth and development of people is the highest calling of leadership.'" He finished, staring at Louis expectantly.

Louis, yet again, was unable to bite his tongue. "You sound like a control freak." he voice, his knee bouncing from pure anxiety and nerves.

The burly man barked out a laugh. "Oh I exercise control in many things, Louis." he finished with the same narcissistic smirk painted on his face.

"Besides, immense power is acquired by assuring yourself in your secret reveries that you were born to control things." The man finished, leaning against the arm rest while messing around with his bottom lip.

Louis shuddered and looked away. "Do you feel you have immense power?" Louis asked, ignoring the unnerving effect the man had on him.

"I employ over 40,000 people, Louis. That gives me a certain sense of responsibility -power as you call it. If I were to decide I was no longer interested in the telecommunications business and sell up, 20,000 people would struggle to pay off their mortgage in a month or so." Louis mouth dropped open, shocked by the man's lack of humilty.