4. ivar

"ivar." i called, following him as he went into the forest, a playfully excited grin on my lips as i grabbed his hand to turn him around.

"what?" he snapped, and i flinched slightly at the harsh tone of his voice, but i bit my lip lightly and leant forwards to kiss him, but he moved his face away, and turned back around.

"ivar? what the fuck?" i asked and he just ignored me, so i grabbed his shoulder to turn him around again. "don't you dare ignore me."

"not now. go find someone else, someone better to fuck, again." he scoffed.

"again?" i asked, and he looked away from me, so i grabbed his jaw, moving it so he was looking at me, "what do you mean?"

"did you have fun fucking my brother?" he scoffed and i rolled my eyes.

"i don't even know which brother you're talking about, ivar, so how could i have fucked him?" i asked, my expression bitter.

"oh, so you've fucked all of them?" he spat.

"oh, shut the fuck up, ivar." i said and he looked at me blankly, "who have i apparently fucked?"

"you tell me." he smirked, and i slapped him so he'd tell me, "ubbe." he said with contempt and i rolled my eyes.

"oh, really?"

"was it good? i'm sure it was better than with a cripple. is that why y-"

"ivar, don't you dare fucking try and use that against me. you know i love you no matter what, and i have never, and would never, sleep with anyone else, especially not one of your brothers. you know that, ivar." i said, and stepped away from him after a moment of silence.

i turned and ran away from him, back to our tent, and i got into bed, laying on my front and resting my weight on my elbows, a sigh escaping my lips.

twenty minutes later, someone came in and i didn't bother to turn around, assuming it was ivar.

i turned to lay on my side, my back to him as he pulled himself onto our bed, and, after a minute of silence, he gently stroked my hair.

"don't." i whispered, as a tear rolled down my cheek, but he continued, and leant forwards to gently kiss my neck.

i rolled onto my back and cupped his face, pushing it away from my own slightly.

"i..i'm sorry." he mumbled and i nodded, allowing him to lean down slowly and kiss me.

"i'm sorry." he repeated, and kissed me again.