2 - Practice Game

Music blared through Miki's ears as she shot some hoops, each always making its way into the hoop. As soon as the song had ended, she took off the headphones and let out a sigh. She picked up the basketball and spun it on her finger.

"Let's have a 5 vs 5 mini game between the freshmen and seniors!" Riko, the coach, exclaim happily. "I can't believe we're playing them already!" One of the freshmen exclaimed. "Let's do this!" The giant red head exclaimed happily.

"Woah you were here?" Miki asked, as she looked over at the boy. "Hm?" He questioned as he looked down at her. They stared at each other until Riko snapped them out by blowing the whistle. "Come on!" She yelled as she stood in the middle of the court.

"Am I allowed to play?" Miki asked as she stopped spinning the ball. "Hm... I don't know what I'm going too do with you." She replied as she placed her finger on her chin. "Why don't we just hid the fact that I'm a girl, I mean thats what I did in Teiko." Miki suggested with a shrug. "But then we'll be in big trouble if the school finds out..." Riko said with a sigh. "I'm just a regular student, I doubt that they'll start researching on me." Miki said.

"Well I guess its okay if you play." Riko said as she put her hands on her hips. "You better not disappoint me." Riko said with a smile. "You aren't as bad as I thought you were perverted Riko!" Miki said with a smirk. A tick mark formed on Riko's head. "Don't make me change my mind!" She said angrily. A grin formed on Miki face before she joined the others on court.

Kagami Taiga, being the giant he is stepped up for tip-off against Hyuga. As the first years received the ball, almost instantly Kagami dunked the ball. "Wow you aren't that bad Giant!" Miki said. However, after awhile the only who was actually playing was Kagami.

"This is boring... The only one shooting is Giant." Miki said with a sigh. "Time to put them in there place!" Hyuga yelled as he dribbled the ball down the court. Miki stood at her position with no one guarding her and realized there were three people on Kagami. "Three?!" A freshman exclaimed. "They're desperate to stop him!" Another said. "But this might make the game more interesting." Miki said before getting back into position. 'They're definitely going to catch up to us.' Miki observes. And just as she had thought, the score was brought up with the score being 31-15.

"They're good..." One of the freshman said out of breath. "They're sooo good! You know we may even lose! Lets just give up!" Miki said loudly as she put her arms behind her neck. She looked over at Kagami, and a smug smirk formed once she saw his reaction. "You're just going to give up just like that?! I never knew you were weak! Why are you even on the team?!" Kagami yelled as he grabbed the collar of her shirt, bringing her towards his face.

"Please calm down." A calm voice said; behind Kagami stood Kuroko who had then knocked his knees with Kagami's causing him to drop the purple haired girl. "Thanks Tetsu!" She said with a salute.

"You bastard..." Kagami mumbled. "Hey, hey Giant!" "What is-" He suddenly lost his balance after feeling another knee collide with his. "It works quite well..," Miki said to herself as she moved her knee away from Kagami's. "Why you!" He yelled as he gripped her head. "Excuse me, but could you pass me the ball?" Kuroko asked one of the freshman."Lets go Giant!" Miki said happily as she escaped his grip.

As the game started once agaain, a freshman noticed that Kuroko was opened and passed the ball, as Kuroko dribbled down the court he had suddenly passed the ball over the shoulder to where Miki stood. She smiled when she received the pass and quickly made a successful shot. "It went.. wait.. how did that pass go through?" The seniors wondered.

As the game continued, the freshmen were able to catch up with Kuroko's help. "Its a one point difference! We can do this!" A freshman exlcaimed. "Don't let them take the ball!" Hyuga yelled as he started dribbling down the court. "Bring it!" Kagami exclaimed as he positioned. "I got this Giant!" Miki suddenly announced before moving up in front of Kagami. "What no!"

As Hyuga contiued to dribble down the court Miki went in front of him and took the ball without him noticing. She dribbled down the court and as she was close enough to the hoop, she jumped and dunked the ball. Seconds later the buzzer went off. "When did she get there and when did she take the ball?" Hyuga asked as Miki dropped down from the hoop. "Good job Miki-chan." Kuroko said as he came over to give her a high five.

"You can dunk?!" Riko asked as everyone walked back to the benches. "Well obviously! Did you not see what I just did?" Miki asked as she took a drink from her water. "You should fix that attitude of yours Miki..." Hyuga muttered as a dark aura came out of him.

"Oh yeah, hey Miki-chan I'm confused about your name, is Miki your last name or is it your first name?" Koganei asked. "Isn't it her last name? I mean Kuroko seems familiar too her so when he called her Kudo I thought that was her first name." Riko said. "But Kudo can also be a first name." A freshman said joining into the conversation. " I guess it is a confusing topic.." Miki said as she put my finger on her chin.

"Miki is her first name, I simply called her Kudo since I haven't seen her in awhile." Kuroko stated. "Then we've been calling her by her first name! Are you okay if we continue calling you Miki or is Kudo more comfortable?" Riko asked.

"I really don't care, I'm use to people calling me by my first name since I lived in America when I was younger." Miki said with shrug. "Oh wow that's cool Miki-chan!" Koganei said. "Anyways since practice is over, lets go Tetsu." Miki said as she grabbed her bag and stood up. "I have to change first Miki-chan.. You should too." Kuroko said. "Nah I'm fine." And with that, she put her headphones back on.

As soon as Kuroko jogged up too where Miki was, she started walked. As Miki walked outside she was instantly was soaked by the rain. "Oh it's raining..." She said to herself. She looked behind her to see if Kuroko had brought an umbrella but noticed he wasn't there. "Tetsu?" She asked as she looked around for the light blue haired boy. "I'm right here." He said from the side, causing her to jump in surprise. "How long have you been there for?" She asked in confusion. She then noticed a shadow and looked up to see an umbrella. "I've been here the whole time." He said plainly. "My apologies for not noticing." She laughed.

"Lets stop here!" Miki exclaimed as she looked up at the Maji Burger sign. They both ordered a milkshake and sat down near the window, where several rain droplets were hitting against it.

"You've gotten better Tetsu." Miki started. "You too Miki-chan, your steals have improved. You know if you stole something from a store, I bet they wouldn't notice." Kuroko said. "I really don't think that's a good idea Kuroko..." She said with a small smile. "Like when you stole Midorima's good luck item and he had bad luck for the whole day." Kuroko said as a small smile formed on his face. "That's right! After I gave it back he refused to talk to me, he's like a little kid!" She exclaimed happily.

It was silent between the two for awhile. "I miss them..." Miki said suddenly. She began playing with the straw of her milkshake as she looked down sadly. Kuroko looked up at Miki with a blank expression. "We'll have a chance to meet them when we play against them."Kuroko said. "You mean when we beat them Tetsuya." Miki corrected him with a smirk. "Yeah, you're right." He said with a smile as he lifted his hand and formed into a fist. Miki's smile grew and she happily fist bumped him.

"We'll beat them!"