14 - King of the North: Seiho

"Okay, let's go home." Hyuga said as he opened the gym door. "Don't!" Riko suddenly yelled out as she pushed all the second years. "We've got another game today! Are you stupid? Are you?" Riko exclaimed angrily, with her hands on her hips.

"I was kidding. The mood just seemed really gloomy." Hyuga said while rubbing his head nervously. "I bet he totally forgot." Miki whispered to Kuroko, in which he nodded in agreement. "Everyone checked the tournament bracket." Izuki said, as he pulled out his sheet. "Huh? We have another game? Seriously?" Kagami asked while blinking in confusion. "Kagami, are you serious?" Miki asked with a sigh. "Kagami..." Hyuga started. "You really are stupid, Kagami! Check the bracket!" Riko exclaimed angrily while lifted up the bracket. "We play two games on the day of our fourth game and the last day! Our fifth game starts at 5 PM!"

"Two games in one day is too much." Koganei said with a sigh. "Yeah. Even if we get a break, we're still tired." Hyuga said.

"The semifinals and finals are both in one day?" Kagami asked as he looked over the bracket. "Does that mean we're playing a game before we play Shutoku?" He then tensed up, making Miki look up at the boy. "Coach, the three kings are Shutoku and..." Kagami started. "Seiho and Senshinkan." Riko finished. "Isnt this..." Kagami said while showing her the bracket.

"On the last day, our semifinals opponent will most likely be Seiho. We'll play Shutoku in the finals. We're playing against two of the kings in a row." Riko explained making everyone gasp except for Kuroko and Miki. "That's impossible." One of the freshman says in disbelief as he looks over the bracket.

"Good schools have strong players, and a lot of them. Our guys will all need to benched." Another freshman said in a worried tone. "Two games in a day, and both of our opponents are strong. I couldn't ask for more." Kagami said while smirking. "But this is too much." "Who are you trying to impress? Right Kuroko, Miki?" The other freshman asked. "Sorry. I'm actually excited, too." Kuroko said making the freshmen gasp. "Miki? What about you?" "Wait, you guys aren't excited? I'm totally hyped!" Miki stated while determination lingering in her eyes from before.

"Let's just hurry and beat Seiho so we can play Shutoku." Miki stated as she popped her knuckles. "What? Did you two get Kagami germs, too?" "What are you talking about?" Kagami said while glaring over at the freshmen. "I hope not." Both Kuroko and Miki said in unison. "The way you two denied that pisses me off." Kagami said now glaring down at the two.

"But don't difficult situations light a fire in you?" Kuroko asked. A smiled formed on everyone's face. "All right! I'm on fire! I'm gonna go practice!" Kagami exclaimed happily. "Don't! You should rest! You unbelievable basketball head!You idiot, Kagami!" Riko yelled out angrily, making Miki burst out laughing. "Did you hear her? She called him a basketball head!" She laughed, causing Kagami to headlock her angrily. 

★     ★     ★

"Kagami, if you keep eating like that you'll be too fat to play against Seiho and Shutoku." Miki said while taking one of the many sandwiches that were on his desk. "You are eating more then usual." Kuroko said while leaning to the side so he could see the pile of sandwiches. "I'm suprised that's enough for you." Kagami said while looking back at Kuroko who was eating a small sandwich.

"More likely, could you stop taking my food? I'm still hungry." Kagami said , now turning his attention to Miki who was chewing on the sandwhich that she had taken from Kagami. "But I'm also hungry.." She whined as she took another bite. "Where's your food, Miki-chan?" Kuroko asked. "I don't bring food to school and I also don't buy food, meaning I usually don't each lunch." Miki said with a sigh. "I'll only eat when someone else has food."

"Well to bad. We had two games yesterday and I'm so hungry." Kagami said while taking a big bite from his sandwhich. "I'm sore at least." Kuroko spoke up. "What does that mean?" Kagami asked. "I am too." Miki said as she stretched in her seat.