8 - Midori

"All right!" Kagami yells out, causing Seirin's team to cheer and run to the players on the court. "I can't believe we won!" Hyuga exclaims happily. Kuroko and Miki watched as the team cheers, both turning towards each other with small smiles.

"I lost?" Kise asks himself as he watches Serin's team cheer in victory. "For the first time in my life, I.." A tear rolled down Kise's face. "Huh? What?" He asked as he wiped away his tears in shock.

"Is Kise crying?" "I know he must be frustrated, but..." "It's just a practice game!"

"What the hell do you think your doing Ryota!" Miki yells out as she stomps towards the boy. Kise looks up from the ground and looks at the purple haired girl with a surprised expression. Miki continues to stomp forward until she's and inch away from the boys face, flicking him on the forehead.

"Don't cry over such stupid things!" Miki ordered. "Although I wanted to humiliate you with you crying, I forgot that you cry over everything!" She said with a sigh. Just as Miki had finished her sentence, Kasamatsu had run up to the boy and kicked him in the back.

"More likely that.." Miki started. "You've got some balls to say that you've never lost before." Miki and Kasamatsu said at the same time, Miki's eyebrow twitching. "I'll hit you!" Kasamatsu yelled. "You'd better add the word "revenge" to that empty dictionary of yours!" A small smirk formed on Kise face.

"Line up!" The referee announces. The sound of foot steps fills gym. "With a score if 100 to 98, Seirin High wins!" "Thank you very much." They all say with a bow.

★     ★     ★

"Because we're in different districts, if we play again it'll be at Inter-High." Kasamatsu says to Hyuga.

A dark aura coming from the glaring coach that was behind the black haired boy.

"We'll be there. I don't want to confess my love butt naked." Hyuga says with determination in his eyes.

Behind him an angelic light was coming from a smiling Riko but all of a sudden pink and yellow flowers popped out causing everyone on the team to give Riko a small glare.

"All right lets go!" Hyuga announced to the team behind him. "Yes sir!" The team soon follows him. "Hey, where's Miki?" Someone asks, getting Kuroko's attention.

★     ★     ★

A hand reached out to the faucet and the running water slowly turned off.

"Gemini's horoscope predicted terrible luck for you today..." Someone started, getting the attention of a soaked Kise. "But I didn't think you'd actually lose." "You came to watch, Midorimacchi?" Kise asks the green headed boy. "Either way, it as an unfortunate game. Even a monkey could have managed those dunks. It's no wonder fate didn't choose your side." Midorima says while pushing his glasses up.

"I haven't sent you since middle school. It's good to see you again." Kise says with little enthusiasm. "I see you haven't stopped taping your fingers. Anyways, who cares if I dunk as long as it goes in?" Kise said. "That's why you're no good. Getting the ball from up close is easy. Getting it in from away has true value. Didn't anyone teach you to "do the likeliest and God will do the best"? Optimal effort makes you worthy of fate's grace." He finishes as he throws a towel at the boy.

"I always do my best as I always keep the Oha-Asa horoscope's lucky item on me. By the way, today's item is a toy frog." He says as he shows him a green hand sized frog." "This is why I never miss." Midorima said proudly.

"You still carry that thing around Midori-chan?" The boys turn their attention the purple haired girl that was leaning on the wall of the school. "It's been a while Kudo." Midorima says. "You don't plan on talking with Tetsuya?" She asks. "There's no need. B-blood type like myself and A-blood types like him never get along. I not only acknowledge his style, but respect it. But I cannot accept his decision to attend an obscure school like Seirin." Midorima says.

"That also means you too, Kudo. I don't understand your reason to come to such a school." Midorima stated, looking over at her in disappointment. "I heard that Testuya was coming here so I decided to come here as well." Miki said with a shrug.

"Why would a Leo like you follow the likes of an Aquarius?" He asked. Miki's eyes narrowed. "That is none of your business." She stated while folding her arms across her chest. "Well either way, I simply came because we'll play your team in the division preliminaries. But honestly, they're not good enough. So Miki, how about joining me in Shutoku?" He asks.

"I-" Miki was cut off as a ring from a bike was heard. "Midorima, you bastard! You left me alone in the middle of traffic! Do you know how embarrassing that is?!" The black haired boy that was riding the bike exclaimed.

"I just came to watch the game today." Midorima started and turned his attention to Kise. "But allow me to apologize. There is no way we will lose to Seirin. I regret to tell you that you should give up on your revenge." Kise eyes narrowed but it soon widen when he heard footsteps.

The three of them all turned their attention to the line of boys that were following there coach. "I have to go." Miki said as she ran back over to her team. Leaving the her two former teammates behind.

✩ Teiko 4 years ago ✩

A green haired boy stood in the middle of the gym, shooting the basketballs that were around him, each one making perfectly going through the hoop. "Impressive." A voice was heard, getting the attention of the boy. He looked around and found a purple haired girl sitting on the bench where all the boy's stuff were at.

"Who are you?" He asked as he walked over to the girl. "Kudo Miki." She said with a smirk. "Midorima Shinataro." He introduced with a nod. She then stood up and walked over to the ball that the boy was holding. "Lets play." She said with a small smile.

After a while both of them were panting, the girl lying on the floor of the gym and the boy with his hands on his knees leaning forward. "Looks like I lost." Miki said with a sigh, although she was smiling slightly.

"Well it was obvious that I would have won, since I never miss thanks to today's special item." Midorima stated as he pushed his glasses up. "Special Item?" Miki asked as she moved up to a sitting position and tilted her head in a confused way. Midorima walked over to the bench were his stuff was an pulled out a toy green frog, the size of his hand. "A frog?" She asked. "Today's special item is a toy frog, this is the reason I never miss." Miki just stared at the toy for awhile until she burst out laughing, startling the boy.

"So you're like the girls at this school that are obsessed with horoscopes and all that stuff?" She asked, wiping away a tear while continuing to laugh. He continued to stare at her, not amused.

"Okay, okay then lets start over then." She said while standing up. "Kudo Miki, The Leo." She said as she put out her hand. Midorima sighed and also stuck out his hand. "Midorima Shintaro, Cancer."

The girl sent him a goofy grin but then took the green frog from him. "I don't know if this is rude to say, but you look like this frog!" Miki said with a giggle. "What?" Midorima questioned, his eyebrow twitching slightly.

"The frog is green and your hair is also green.." She mumbled. "Green... Green... Hm..." Midorima raised his eyebrow to question the girl. "Midorima.. Green... OH! I GOT IT!" She yelled out as with a snap of  her finger. "You'll be Midori-chan!" She said as she pointed to the boy, her eyes sparking in delight. Midorima stared at her in shock before a small smile formed on his face.

"Very well."