12 - You Shouldn't Underestimate Kids

"Let the game between Seirin High School and Shinkyo Academy begin."

"Let's play a good game!" Everyone says. The buzzer then goes off, signaling the start of the game. The ball is sent upwards and Kagami and Dad both jump to receive it.  Just as Kagami was about to get it, Dad's hand sweeps the ball to his teammate, making Seirin's team stunned.

"Seriously?! I don't believe it! Kagami lost to him in height!"  Hyuga thought as he watched the two boys fall back to the gym floor.

"Shinkyo's got the first ball!" Someone exclaims as Dad receives the ball and heads for the hoop. Kagami rushes in front, trying to stop him. Dad jumps and Kagami soon follows, however with the height difference, the ball goes over Kagami's hand and it goes flying into the hoop.

"He's huge!"  Miki exclaims in shock when she sees Dad make the shot.

"There it is! He's so tall! Shinkyo takes the first point!"

"Too easy!" Dad says while smirking. Miki's eyes twitched when she saw the boy smirk. "Don't worry about it. Let's get it back!" Hyuga says as he passes the ball to Izuki. Izuki dashes as soon as he gets the ball and he runs down the court. The ball ends up going back in Hyuga's position with no one guarded him.

"I got this!" He exclaims as he shoots a three-pointer. As the ball soars into the air, a sudden hand grabbed it, and stopped it from reaching to the hoop. "Seriously?!" Miki exclaims with wide eyes.
"This is ridiculous." "Having a foreign student isn't fair." The freshmen on the bench say as they watched the game continue.

"Are you guys one of those hard-working teams?" The brown haired boy named Tanimura asked. "What?" Hyuga asked as he turned to face him. "We see a lot of those. Guys saying it's not fair we've for a foreign player. We're not breaking any rules." He said, a cocky smirk forming on his face. "Well, you can have up to two of them on your team." Hyuga states. "Right? What's wrong with getting strong players? It's real easy. All we have to do us pass the ball to him and we can't help but score." Tanimura said.

"Wait so that means they're pretty much useless without him right?" Miki's asked Kuroko, who nodded slowly to answer her question. "That's kind of sad. Why is he acting so cocky if he can't do anything?"

"I don't know how easy it is, but if that's your policy, you'd better not complain." Hyuga started, making the cocky smirk that was on Tanimura's face to disappear. "Huh?" "Besides, we've got our own ridiculous players." Hyuga said, turning his gaze to the three teenagers all beside each other. "We didn't have to invite them, though." Hyuga finished, a smirk now forming on his face. "What?" Tanimura asked. Sweat starting to roll down the side if his face while raising his eyebrow.

Mitobe stared at the back of Kagami. Kagami jumped when he noticed him and quickly turned around. "I'll be fine!" He exclaimed before running off.

Dad shoots again, however this time missing. "He missed! Get the rebound!" Hyuga exclaimed and soon, the ball had been passed to Miki who soon, made a shot.

The shots from Dad always missed. Each one of them all bounced of the rim. "It won't be that easy to score, because Kagami-kun won't let Dad make his plays." Riko explained to the freshmen on the bench. "What plays?" One of them asked. "Even if he can't reach there's still a way... Mitobe-kun a way!

✩     ✩     ✩

"Mitobe-sensei's a veteran when it comes to defense. From now on, you'll practice with Mitobe-kun every day. You'll learn firsthand how to stop someone bigger than yourself." Riko explained. "Someone bigger?" "Listen up.  Blocking's not the only way to stop a shot. You can make them miss."