9 - Fight On Court

Miki, Kuroko, and Riko all bowed to the doctor as they left the hospital. When the three walked back out, Riko gave the team a thumbs up."Everything's okay!" She said making the team all sigh in relief. "That's great." Hyuga sighed. "Sorry for making you worry." Kuroko said as he bowed to the team. "I didn't know what would happen when the two of you fell." Izuki said. "I'm just glad you're all right." A freshmen said with a kind smile. It was silent for awhile until Koganei screamed out. "Alright! We won!" The whole team cheered. Smiles on everyone's face.

"Let's go get something to eat in the way home." Izuki suggested as the team walked back. "What do you want?" Hyuga asked. "Something cheap. I'm broke." Koganei said. "Me too." Kagami said. "So am I." Kuroko followed afterwards. "Hold on." Everyone stopped in there track and turned there attention to Riko. "How much does everyone have after transportation cost?" She asked. After a while the whole group was surrounding Riko staring at the money that was in her hand. "Looks like no food for us." Miki said with a sigh. "Yeah, lets go home." Hyuga said. "Yeah."

As everyone sighed a truck horn was heard and Riko turned her head, seeing a truck with a cow eating steak, labeled with "free steak". Miki sweat dropped when she saw the delighted face Riko had. As the depressed team walked back home Riko blew the whistle making them turn toward her once again. "It's okay, what do you saw we go for steak!" Riko said with a smile on her face. The team all looked at each other.

SuperVolume 4kg steak
Eat it in 30 minutes or less and it's free!
Those who fail must pay 10,000 yen.

The poster read.

Miki looked down at her steak with a disgusted look. It's not that she didn't like meat, it was the size of meat that made her sick.

"What's wrong? Don't hold back." Riko said happily. 'This is to much!' The second years thought all together. "What are we going to do if we can't eat all of this?" Hyuga questioned. "What? Why do you think I make you run every day?" Riko asked as she folded her arms. "For basketball." Miki said with a frown.

Miki slowly cut her steak and picked up the meat. The grease of the steak started dripping making Miki sick in her stomach. Everyone was working hard to finish the steak and eating as much as they could. "This steak is steakalicious." Izumi stated as he inspected the cut meat. "Sorry, but that shit is really annoying right now." Koganei said with a sigh.

Miki took one bite of her steak and chewed on it slowly. "Excuse me." Kuroko said making her turn her attention to him. He had eaten a small proportion of his steak. "Do you need some water?" Hyuga asked with a kind smile. "I give up."

"KUROKO!" The team members screamed out.

Almost everyone had passed out when they got through half of the steak. "This is delicious! Maybe I'll get some more." Kagami exclaimed making everyone turn there attention to him. "Huh? If you're not gonna eat that, can I have it?" He asked Hyuga who sweat dropped when he saw the redhead happily eat the steak.

"ARE YOU A MONSTER?! HOW CAN YOU EAT SO MUCH!?" Miki screamed as she pointed at him. Kagami just shrugged and continued eating his steak. "Save me the hassle and being them all over here." He said as he ate each steak that was on the plates. "Kagami, thank you!" The team yelled out.

Just then, Kuroko stood up and left the table. Miki watched as the boy left and soon stood up to follow. "Kise-kun?" Miki heard as she opened the door to the restaurant. "Ryo-chan." Miki said as she saw Kise. "Do you have a minute to talk? Micchi can come too." He said with a small smile.

★     ★     ★

"Thank you for the food!" Riko exclaimed. "Yeah, don't come back!" The owner screamed out. "I think I ate too much..." Kagami said with a sigh. "Miki was right, you really are a monster." Hyuga said. "But you sure did save us."