5 - The Real Game Has Just Begun

"Kagami-kun's, your eyes are pretty bad." Kuroko said as the team walked through Kaijo High School's entrance gate. Miki glanced up to Kagami to see his blood, red eyes looking straight ahead. "Looks like someone was a little to excited." She laughed. "Yeah, to excited..." Kagami grumbled. "What are you, a little kid going on a field trip?" Both Kuroko and Miki asked. "What did you say?!"

"Hey guys!" The team all turned around to find Kise running over towards them. "This place is big so I thought that I would come and get you guys." Kise said with a shining smile. "Hello!" Riko responded happily. "Hey, Kise..." Kagami tried to speak to him but was ignored, causing him to twitch in annoyance.

"Kurokocchi! Micchi! Ever since you turned me down my invitations, I've been crying into my pillow every night!" Kise said as he rubbed his fake tears away. "What's wrong with him?" Hyuga questioned. "There, there Ryo-kun." Miki said as she patted his head.

"Just show us the way already." Kagami said but was ignored once again. "Not even a girl has turned me down before!" Kise exclaimed. "What about Miki-chan?" Riko said in the background. "Ryo-kun, those are different types of invitations." Miki sighed. "She doesn't care that he didn't count her as a girl!?" Riko asked with a sweat drop. "Are you ignoring me?!" Kagami yelled.

"Could you please stop being so sarcastic?" Kuroko asked, causing Kise happy smile to become a smirk. "I'm interested to know more about the guy who's making Kurokocchi say those things." Kise said as he finally turned his attention to Kagami. "I don't care much about being called the Geneation of Miracles, but I can't ignore such an obvious challenge. I'm not mature enough to let it slide. Sorry, but I'm going to crush you with everything I have." "Sounds good." Kagami said with a smirk.

★      ★     ★

"This is it." Kise said as they arrived at the gym.

"Huh?" The team looked around to find one half of the gym being used for practice. "We're playing in half a court?" Riko asked. "Looks like the other side is being used for practice." Miki said as she walked to the court which they were to play on.

"Oh you're here. Welcome." A large man said while walking over towards them. "I'm Coach Takeuchi. Which one of you is the coach?" He asked with a confused expression. "Oh that's me." Riko said, surprising the coach. "You? You're not the manager?" He said while pointing at Riko. Riko's eyebrow twitched in slight annoyance. "I'm Coach Aida Riko. We look forward to playing with you today." She said with a bow. Coach Takeuchi only grumbled in confusion. 

"So... what's this?" Riko asked as she looked over to the practice side of the gym. "Exactly what it looks like. We've only made simple arrangements for today's game." "Arrangements?" "There won't be enough to learn from this game to make it worth watching for the guys sitting out." Riko tightened her grip on her bag. "I see." She grumbled. "We're having the other players practice as usual so we don't waste time. Despite the arrangements, you'll be playing our regulars. I hope you won't let us triple your score." He said as he walked off to his team.

As the coach walked away, a dark aura began coming out of Riko and tick marks were all over her. "They think we suck. They're treating this like a sideshow to their practice." Kagami said darkly. "We'll show Fatty who's he's dealing with." Miki said with a dark smirk.

Miki looked over at the coach to see him talking with Kise, noticing his shocked expression to whatever the coach had told him. "I'm sorry! Seriously, sorry! I'll be on the bench." Kise said as he ran towards us. "If you give his guys a beating, I'm sure he'll put me in." Kise whispered as he pointed to his coach. "Besides,  if you can't force him to put me in, you shouldn't go around saying that you'll beat the Generation if Miracles." Kise said with a serious face.