6 - Seirin vs. Kaijo

"You idiot! I told you to break it!" Kasamatsu yelled as he kicked Kise to the ground. "Sorry!" Kise cried out.

'He dunked the ball a lot harder then Kagami did. I bet if he had done that too the hoop with the rusted nail in it, he may have broken more than just the hoop.' Miki thought as she watched the hoop shake. "I can't say the same for girls, but I've never failed to return a favor on the court." Kise said as he walked up to the team. "Bring it on!" Kagami exclaimed as his eyebrows twitched.

As the game continues, Hyuga dribbles down the court and quickly passes to Kuroko, which he then passes the ball to Kagami. As soon as Kagami gets the ball he jumps up and slams the ball right into the hoop. "Lets go all out!" He yells as he lands on his feet. "Yeah!" The team all cheered out in response. 

The game continued on, both team going all out. The time was 7:03. It was still the 1st quarter and only 3 minutes had passed since the game had begun. The score was 16-17, Kaijo in the lead. The players continued running back and forth on the court; continuing to score points.

As Hyuga caught the ball, he passed the ball to Kuroko and he soon smacked the ball towards Miki. As Miki caught the ball, she scanned the court for any openings. She could see Kagami in the corner of her eye and began to dribble the ball in place, looking for her route. Miki suddenly began dashing around the guys that were blocking her and passed to Kagami.

Kagami dribbled down the court with Kise right by his side; as Kise was about to take the ball, Kagami goes into a fade away. The ball was about to fall into the hoop until Kise had jumped up and caught the ball. He quickly dashed down the court and did as Kagami had just done and went into a fade away; however this time, Kise made it.

'He's going to use his specail skill now?' Miki thought to herself as she watched him run back to the other side of the court. She looked over at Kagami and noticed that he was fuming in anger. 'He needs to cool down.' Miki observed as she began walking back.

"Don't stop, move your feet!" Hyuga said as he walks down the court with the ball. Miki quickly rushed down court but stopped when noticing Kuroko right behind Hyuga. 'He must have noticed it to.' Hyuga then threw the ball out of bounds and the whistle was blown. "Serin, time out!"

★     ★     ★

Serin's bench remained quiet as everyone took a drink and wiped the sweat off of their faces.

"What the hell are you doing?!" Kaijo's coach's voice echoed through out the gym as he began scolding them. "How many points are you gonna let them take? Is the defense asleep? Huh?!" "Sorry." The members replied quietly. 

Miki turned her attention back to Riko, noticing she had out the board showing where everyone was going to be positioned. "We have to deal with Kise-kun first." She said as she knelt down on the ground. "I can't believe Kagami can't handle the guy himself. Should we out another guy on him?" Hyuga asked causing Kagami to react. "Hey wait!" He started but then hesitated. "Please..." He finished. "Please?" Both Riko and Miki questions in unison.

"There is a way." Kuroko said causing the attention to turn to him. "They have a weakness." "Weakness?" Riko asked. "What you should've told us soo-" Hyuga started but was cut off. "No, to be honest, I'm not even sure you could call it a weakness. Either way, I'm sorry. There's another problem. Because of the unexpectedly high-paced play, my effectiveness is already wearing off." Kuroko said. "Wh-What?!"

"Tetsuya won't be able to use his misdirection after 40 minutes. The more Tetsu uses his misdirection, the more the other team will get used to it, and its effect gradually decreases." Miki explained as she ruffled his hair. "Why didn't you tell us something so important sooner?!" Riko yelled out as she put both of them in deadly headlocks. "I'm sorry. You didn't ask." Kuroko replied in gasps. "Do you not say anything unless you're asked?!" She screamed as she tightened the grip. "Riko! Let go! I can't breathe dammit!" Miki screamed out as she tried to get out of her grasp.