7 - A Thief For A Reason

"Miki-chan! Kuroko-kun!" The team yelled as they watched both of their bodies fall to the floor.

"Kuroko!" Kagami yelled as he ran over to the blue headed boy. Kuroko looked up showing the trail of blood that was dripping near his left eye. Riko gasped as she saw the blood and so did Kise. "Are you okay, Kuroko?" Hyuga asked as he watched Kuroko try to stand up. "I feel lightheaded... But I think you should check on Miki-chan first." He said as he looked over at the girl's body that remained still on the floor of the gym.

"Get a first aid kit!" Riko yelled to someone before she got on the floor to check on Miki. The purple haired girl had made no movement after the impact and Riko began to get worried. She moved Miki's hair out of her face and gasped once again. Blood trailed down from her forehead, drenching over her eye, just like Kuroko.

Riko moved her hand to the back of Miki's head and searched for anymore injures. She felt a bump near the back of her head and when she looked at her hand, a bit of blood was stained on her hand. "Mitobe-kun I need to you to take Miki-chan to the bench!" Riko ordered.

"Hey, are you okay?" Kagami asked Kuroko, as he stood up.  "I'm fine. The game is just getting started." Kuroko replied weakly but then collapsed to the ground. "Kuroko!"

"Looks like they're finished." Kasamatsu said as he observed Seirin's team. "It's not what should have happened, though but without the first year duo and the guy that keeps stealing the ball the score difference will only grow."
'Kurokocchi... Micchi...' Kise thought worriedly as he watched both of them be carried back to the bench.

"What are we gonna do?" Hyuga asked as the team looked over the two bodies. "Kuroko-kun and Miki-chan can't play anymore. We'll have to make do with the members we have left." Riko said. "Make do?" A freshman asked in a worried tone. "Isn't this gonna be tough without both Kuroko and Miki?" Another freshman asked.

"The second years will be our offensive core. It's only the second quarter but we can't let them get too far ahead of us. I know it's early, but it's game time, Hyuga-kun." "Right." "Kise-kun will just copy you, so don't play offense, Kagami-kun. Focus on defending. Do everything you can to stop Kise-kun from scoring." Riko said. "Are you sure that will work?" Kagami asked. "It'll be fine. Have some faith." Hyuga said. "But-" "I said it'll be fine, dumbass. Listen to your seniors once in a while, or I'll kill you." Hyuga said with a smile.

The referee blew the whistle, signaling the game to start.

"First years should show more respect for their seniors! Get on your knees!" Hyuga yelled as he stomped back to the court. "You're showing your true colors, Captain." Izuki said with a sigh. "Don't worry about him. He's always like that during clutch time." He informed to Kagami. "Either way when he speaks his mind, he won't miss many of his shots. Leave the offense to him. You just defend like your life depends on it."

The game continues; Hyuga with the ball. He quickly does a screen and passed to Izuki who passes back to him. With Mitobe guarding the other player, Hyuga is wide open and makes a perfect shot.

✮     ✮     ✮

"Damn it, we were supposed to trade at the signal." The black hair boy said in between gasps. "You haven't pedaled once!" "Of course I haven't. Today's "Oha-Asa" horoscope predicted the greatest of days for a Cancer like me." The green headed boy that was sitting in the cart stated. "What does that have to do with this? Anyways, if we're coming all the way out here to see a practice match, your middle school teammates better be good!" "It's the copycat, invisible man and the thief." "Are they good?!" The black haired boy asked. "Hurry up, or the game will be over." "It's your fault for reading horoscopes!" He yelled out in frustration.