16 - The Championship Game

"We did it..." Miki breathed out. "Yes!!!" The seniors cheered.

"Game over!"

Each Seirin member had a huge smile. Koganei ran off to the players on court and cheered with them.

"They did it." Kuroko said from beside Kagami, who was looking over at them in slight envy.

"We won!" Tsuchinda said as he helped Miki get up off of the gym floor. "Good job Miki!" Hyuga said as he ruffled her hair.

"We lost..." Seiho's members mumbled as they tried to catch their breath. "Why?! Seirin just formed last year! We practice way more than them! They didn't stand a chance last year! No matter how you look at it, we're stronger!" Tsugawa exclaimed angrily.

"Enough Tsugawa." Iwamura said as he placed a hand on his shoulder. "But..." "The strong don't win. The winners are the stronger ones. They were stronger. That's all." Iwamura stated before walking away from Tsugawa. Tsugawa stood there, still not believing in what he was told. He shook with anger and as Seirins team started moving he stopped Miki.

"Tell me your name!" He yelled making Miki turn her attention to him. "Huh?" "Your name!" He yelled again, causing her to blink in surprise. "Kudo Miki." She said. "I'll remember it. I definitely won't forget." He said. "Thanks, I guess." She said with a shrug before following her team to line up.

"Seventy-three to seventy-one, Seirin!" The referee announced as the two teams stood in line. "Thank you very much!"

"Congratulations, guys." Riko mumbled to herself as tears formed in her eyes. A hand suddenly landed on her head. "Keep it together, Coach. It's not time to cry yet. You can be happy after we win the next championship game." Hyuga said, making Riko nod in agreement and wipe away her years.

"Good job, Miki-chan." Kuroko said as he handed her a towel. "Thanks." She said before sitting on the bench. "Looks like they're finished, too." Kagami said making both Miki and Kuroko to look at the other court. "You're right." Kuroko said.

"One hundered thirteen to thrity-eight, Shutoku!" The referee announced. "Thank you very much!"

"How much do we have to love basketball to jump right into the championship with hardly a break?" Takao asked while yawning. "But, well, it's all good. They made it." He said while smirking at Midorima. "I can see that." Midorima said as he looked over at Kagami, Kuroko, and Miki who were already looking his way.

★     ★     ★

"Go put on jackets before your bodies get cold!" Riko ordered as soon as they entered their locker room. "Make sure you stretch! Also, take some amino acids to restore your energy! Don't forget to calorie charge!" I'll come massage each of you, so take off your shoes!"

Riko turned her attention to Hyuga, who she was currently massaging. "How does that feel?" She asked. "Thanks. I'd be lying if I said I'm not tired, but I should be able to make it through the next game." He said with a smile.

Koganei, who was currently eating a banana heard a few snores coming from an area of the locker room. He turned his attention to find Kagami and Miki sleeping. Kagami leaning on the locker and Miki using his shoulder as a pillow. "Hey, Kagami! Miki! Your body will freeze up if you sleep!" Riko exclaimed angrily.

"Let them be." Hyuga said with a smile. "Kagami isn't usually this down after a game and Miki did play a little more." Izuki said, Mitobe nodding in agreement. "It's probably because he got several fouls. It's not anything to worry about." Koganei said with a sigh. "Your last foul was a little unexpected, though." Riko said, making Koganei jolt in suprise.