DAY 58 - AUGUST 1ST (pt. 1)

The following days in the little apparent were very weird and tense. So was the communication, or lack of communication, between William and his best friend. Since they lived together, William had to acknowledge and communicate with Noora, but with Chris, it was easier to cut him off. He felt his blood beginning to boil, just by thinking of him. Not knowing what had actually happened, he chose to take some time away from Chris, instead of exploding in his face.

Noora on the other hand constantly and desperately tried to keep things smooth between them. No one could possibly understand how badly she wanted to tell him the truth, but just couldn't. Not because she was afraid that he'd do anything, she knew him well enough, but because she was so afraid of ruining his life. That guy had so much ahead of him, and she wasn't ready to ruin that just yet. Though she knew that she couldn't keep this a secret forever.

"Do you like the food?" Her eyes were drilling into the top of his head, as he scrolled down on his phone that was placed next to his plate. He quickly looked up at her, nodded with a hum before looking down again.

All week. This was what it'd been like all week, since the little collision between her, Chris and William. It's not that he seemed mad exactly. Yes, of course a bit, but more than anything, he felt more uncomfortable around her. Almost like he didn't know what he was allowed or supposed to say and do anymore. Holding her? Kissing her? Complimenting her? It had all been very minimal and brief as well.

"Eskild sent an SMS about game-night on Sunday," she once more tried to start conversation.

William, being a decent human being, looked up at her. That didn't matter much to her though. Not when his eyes seemed tired and uninterested.

"Okay," he paused as he took another bite of the chicken on his plate. "Tell Linn and Eskild hi from me."

A frown crept onto the blondes already slightly worried face, not expecting the answer he'd given her. "You're not coming?"

"Eskild sent you the invite. Not me." He grabbed his phone from the table and started typing, looking down again. It was just easier to not look at her. Then he didn't have to think about how he looked at her or how she looked back at him. It honestly hurt too much.

"But isn't it kind of a matter of course that when I'm invited, then you are as well?"

Even without him bothering to look up at her, still tapping away on his phone, she could feel that his gaze was non-caring and apathetic. Even his scalp and messy, brown hair couldn't hide that. She knew him all too well.

"Well, I thought so too, but those rules apparently don't apply to you and Chris' dates. Who else knows what kind of exceptions I'm a part of?"

Wow. That darted through her heart just like a bullet. He might as well have taken a gun and put it to her chest. It would've been the same kind and amount of pain. Fuck, it killed her to see him likes this. Not only did it make her sad, but she also felt more guilty than ever, since she knew it was partly her own fault. She couldn't imagine how she'd feel, if she felt like William and one of her best friends hid something from her. Vulnerable, probably.

"William-"

"No, Noora. It's fine, okay? I trust you and Chris, and whatever the hell you guys were up to the other day, just-" He pushed back the chair and stood op, looking down at her with so much worry and anger at the same time. "Just don't ever lie to me."

He walked out of the kitchen without finishing food, leaving Noora alone in the sunset lit kitchen. She knew why. He didn't walk away to be rude or dramatic, but because he knew he needed time to cool down. This, in a very twisted way, was William's way of being considerate. This was how he kept from growing angry, something he hadn't learned as a child, but something that came to him as he grew closer to Noora. She'd taught him so much about himself and other people. He'd told her, even thanked her, during those few days after Eva's birthday party, where they'd disappeared. Yet, he sometimes still worried and wondered if she knew how thankful he was. Honestly, he didn't want to be an ass, he just needed to step away sometimes. She knew, deep down, but it didn't make it any easier.

Everything was so good, she thought. Was. Now it came crashing down, and there was no good solution. She could tell William about the child inside of her. Their child. But would that make things better? She could also not tell him, but then there'd still be no good explanation for her and Chris' weird ways.

"Herregud," she sighed, leaning back in her chair as she hopelessly rubbed her face in hopes of waking up from this current nightmare that used to be their perfect, little bubble.

He was right though. She couldn't lie. Their relationship had grown so much better and healthier with time, as they opened up completely and understood the other person better. She owed it to him to be honest. Now was not the time to forget about the honesty she'd preached so much about.

She was going to be completely honest. For her, for him and for them..

xxxxxxx A/N xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hiii

Just here to apologize for the angsty turn that this story has taken haha. Hope you can cope with it and enjoy it anyways. You made it through 4 seasons of SKAM, so I believe you can make it through this too ;)

ALT ER LOVE