F O U R

My love, 

I dreamt of fireworks. They were bright, magnificent, mesmerizing. I could've lost myself in them for hours. But the more I stared, the smaller they became. They got farther away, and I realized they were in your eyes. A million fireworks, all erupting in your eyes. 

It was beautiful. 

But then they got farther and farther away, and I got scared, feeling they would disappear. I reached out to grab them, but my hand fell in the void.

They disappeared, and I was left all alone.

J.

------------------------------------

Her eyes hadn't changed at all. 

They were still the same dark brown, almost black, with hints of gold that would appear every time she looked away. Her eyelashes were still abnormally long, and there was still that one eyelash in her left eye that went in the opposite direction. She still had that small mole right under her right eye, where he used to kiss her when she cried.

Her eyes were the same, yet they felt different. They didn't shine like they used to, the spark that he loved so much was gone. In its place was emptiness. 

Her lips parted in surprise as she took in the boy in front of her. She would recognize him in a billion, even if he looked nothing like he used too. He was somewhat more muscular, his hair was back to its original black color, and the glitter in his eyes had been replaced by a hint of anxiety.

Too stunned to say something, she stared at him for a few seconds, not sure if it was a dream, or if it was a twisted reality. 

His eyes in hers, it felt like home. Yet it was a home none of them lived in anymore. 

Their silence was interrupted by the tall guy next to June, who had been talking to her before Jin's interruption. 

"Um, June?" The boy said, confused. 

They both heard him, but none of them could move.

"You know him, June?" The tall boy asked her louder, somewhat confused at her lack of reaction.

June suddenly snapped out of her trance. Her eyes left Jin's, and she bit her lower lip.

Just like she did when she was nervous, he thought.

"Y-Yes." Her eyes flickered around, looking for something to grab onto, something that would bring her back to reality. Something that would make her forget that the boy she once loved was right in front of her, and that he was still alive.

He was still holding her arm, and she slowly moved it back so he would release her, which he did.

"June." He murmured, still in his trance. His wide eyes trailed over every inch of her face, noticing every bit that was still the same, and every bit that had changed. 

He reached out his hand again, to grab hers, to make sure it wasn't a dream. But before he could reach her, she turned to the tall boy, her cheeks red. Jin's hand fell into the void.

"Taehyung, this is Jin." She looked at Jin again, her eyes meeting his. "Jin, this is Taehyung." 

Taehyung extended his hand to shake Jin's, and Jin shook it absently, his eyes still on June.

He felt like all air had left his body. It was like he couldn't breath anymore, yet he hadn't felt so alive in a long time.

He couldn't believe it was her. 

Her. Here. June. Here in Seoul. 

His June. Here, in front of him. 

June.

"How do you two know each other?" Taehyung asked loudly over the music still blaring in the club.

June raised her hand to smooth over her hair, her cheeks red. Her eyes fell on the floor.

"Jin is... an old friend." She said, sounding unsure.

Taehyung nodded as Jin took in a deep breath. A friend?

"Cool. From Daegu?" Taehyung asked, feeling the need to fill the silence. 

Jin nodded, his eyes still on June. Hers were still avoiding his.

He took a step in front of him, nearing her slowly. 

He wanted her to look at him. 

He wanted to touch her. 

He wanted to tell her everything that had happened in the three years they were apart. 

He wanted to see her smile. The smile that was haunting his dreams, and his nightmares. 

He wanted to kiss her lips. Those lips that were the sweetest thing he had ever tasted. 

He wanted to tell her that he loved her. That his love for her, it was still the same. Endless, consuming, and unstoppable.

His mouth opened, but no sound came out. He didn't know where to start. And he didn't know if she wanted to hear it.

It felt like his entire world was finally right there, in front of him, but he couldn't have it. Because it wasn't his anymore.