F O U R T E E N

My love,

I'm leaving Daegu tomorrow. I'm moving to Seoul.

Seoul scares me, it's so big and intimidating. But maybe I'll find there what I've been looking for all this time, what's missing in Daegu. Closure.

J.

-----------------

"See? It's not that far from the station, only like 10 minutes." June pointed to the building in front of her. 

It was five-story high, with wide windows and huge stairs leading to the front door. It was the place she'd been calling home for the last three months.

Jin stared at it curiously.

"It's still 6 minutes farther from a subway station than my place." He said smirking.

She narrowed her eyes at him, her pretty eyes that shined through the darkness, and that made him feel like he was about to fall.

"Whatever. We can't all work for Shinhan, Jin." She smirked, then flipped her hair dramatically and walked to the front door. Jin chuckled and quickly followed behind her.

She unlocked the door and let him in, leading him through the narrow steps to the second floor, where she stopped in front of the third door on the left.

"Okay, so, remember I chose this place because it was cheap, not because I liked it." She reminded him, and Jin smiled at her.

He was really curious about her apartment now. When she had first mentioned that she lived in a student residence, he thought she had been joking. Mostly because she wasn't a student anymore. 

However, you could apparently still live in a student residence even if not a student. Because that's what June did.

So, obviously, he had made fun of her, and, obviously, she had been annoyed. And now here they were, at her apartment, so June could prove to Jin that she did, indeed, live there, and that, indeed, it wasn't that bad.

She took out her keys from her purse as he leaned sideways on the wall, eyes trailing over her features that he used to know so well. She was still the same, but she didn't feel the same. And he couldn't understand why.

That kiss they shared an hour ago surely didn't help him.

It had been a quick, but longing kiss, one that hadn't been long enough to make him feel something. It had ended abruptly, with some person bumping into Jin, causing their lips to part. 

And since that moment, they both acted like it didn't happen. Like they didn't kiss for the first time in three years.

He didn't know what to do about it. 

June twisted the key in the lock and a clicking sound was heard.

"Ta-da!" She swung the door open and grabbed his hand, pulling him into the entrance. And the living room. And the kitchen. And the bedroom, because this place was a 15 square meters studio in which one room did all of the rooms' functions. 

Except the bathroom, thankfully.

"Wow, it's... really... well decorated." He settled for that after a slight hesitation. He wanted to say small, but that was rude. He wanted to say far, but that was pointless. So commenting on the decoration was fine, right? She had always been good at decorating.

She just rolled her eyes.

"You can say that it's small, Jin. I won't be offended." She stated as she took off her shoes and walked two strides, reaching the other end of the room where her bed lay.

He stayed in the entrance, his shoes still on. He wasn't so sure he should remove them.

So he smiled instead.

"It is small. You're all the way across the apartment, and I can basically touch you from here." He laughed, extending his arm to prove his point, although not quite reaching her. 

But she didn't laugh. Instead, the smile that was so beautifully displayed on her lips fell, and she looked straight into his eyes, suddenly serious.

"Then touch me." She said, her voice glowing with the weakness of a plead, and the strength of an order.

He met her eyes, swallowing loudly.

Maybe it was his two beers, maybe it was her alluring figure, maybe it was her dark eyes beaming with hope, maybe it was his need for her that had been there too long. Or maybe it was all of it. 

It didn't really matter what it was, because he did it. He reached in and put his arms around her, and his lips back on hers, back to where they belonged. 

And as he did it, he couldn't help but think that it wasn't the same as before.