Nine

Marie Cousins P.O.V
Georgie and I got our slurpees and started on the walk back to his place.

My hand hug low by my hip, and Georgie grabbed my hand. Our arms swung back and fourth as we walked.

~

We were dead silent the whole way back to the Cooper house. I was confused to see my mothers van in their driveway.

Georgie could feel my tension I guess.

"What's wrong?" He asked.

"That's my moms car." I answered.

"What's she doin here?"

"I'm not sure."

We just kept on walking, and I saw my mom and Mrs.Cooper at the table drinking tea.

"Oh hi mom." I said, letting go of Georgie's hand.

"Oh mom this is Marie Cousins." Georgie said to Mrs Cooper.

"Hi." I said to Mrs.Cooper.

"I'm Mary." Mary Cooper said.

"Nice to meet ya." I said.

"Well we should get studying." Georgie said, leading me back into his room.

"Uh yeah."

~

We sat back down on his bed, and picked up where we left off with the essay.

Or at least tried. We were both pretty distracted.

"Okay so I have my essay planned out, so we need to plan yours." I said.

"Yeah."

He was just about to get his books, but then there was a knock on the door.

"Oh hi Mary." I said, as Mary Cooper walked into the room.

"Your Dad wants you home now." Mary said.

"Okay see you later Georgie. Bye Mary." I said as I left the bedroom, packing up my things along the way.

"See ya Marie." Georgie said.
~

I quickly got home, and I saw my parents sitting on the porch, my mother using tissues for tears.

"Mom what's going on?"

My mom just got up and left.

"Dad what's going on?"

"Go to your room Marie I'll talk to you later."

"Okay Dad."

I jogged back up to my room, and all of a sudden got into an amazing mood. I turned on my favourite goof mood songs, which happened to be "That's What I Like About You." I cranked up the volume and started dancing around my room, and used my hairbrushes as microphones. It's like I completely forgot about my parents fight.

I stopped dancing around immediately when I saw my parents in my doorway.

My dad started doing funny dances, but my mom elbowed him and demanded I turned the music off. I sighed, and turned the song off.

"So what's up?" I asked.

"Do you want to sit down?" My mom asked, gesturing to my bed.

"Yeah sure." I replied and plopped myself down on my bed.

"Listen." My dad started.

"Your dad and I haven't been working out. We're getting separated." My mom finished his sentence.

"Oh." I said and my heart sank.

"We'll always be your parents." My mom said.

"Okay don't give me that cliche bullshit." I said and stormed off.

"MARIE!" My dad yelled at me, but I continued to storm out.

"I'm going to Kim's." I said and walked out my door.