Arrival at Lorien

I HATE THE MIDDLE AGES!

Chapter 6: Arrival at Lorien

(The Fellowship of the Ring)

The sunset light was pale, but it still wounded Hermione's eyes, who leaned back on the ground and began to weep over the old magician's fate.

The girl was forcibly lifted by Aragorn, and led her by the hand into the forest.

"We must be careful," said Gimli, "in these forests lives a dark witch who is the perdition of all travelers, besides..."

Hermione was nervous at Gimli's words behind her, and expected Bellatrix to jump out of the blue in front of them, as a whole clan of Malfoys out of nowhere pointed their arrows at the group.6

The elf in charge, Haldir, who reminded her of another young version of Lucius Malfoy, led the group in front of the Silvan city and had to climb grandstands placed on the sides of giant trees.

"I've never seen trees so thick and huge in my life," Hermione said, "everything looks beautiful, but couldn't they have put up railings on the steps, I hate the Middle Ages."

The group was taken to Lady Galadriel and she welcomed them, but Hermione could feel how at the same time she spoke directly to her mind with another less pleasant and more intimidating voice.

"Welcome, witch of another world, welcome your power from other stars, will you use it for the benefit of the fellowship? Or you will bring misfortune and treachery to it!" She spoke to her mind as Galadriel smiled at her. Hermione couldn't decide whether or not she liked her.

Hermione, who could not sleep because of Gandalf's death, decided to walk a little and unwittingly saw Galadriel overcome the temptation to accept Frodo's ring. The witch wanted to return without being seen but halfway Galadriel appeared from nowhere in front of her.

Galadriel approached smilingly, but Hermione could not help but tremble due to fear.

"Soon the fellowship will take different paths," she said as she stared into her eyes, "your path will have to take a different course from that of the ring bearer, you will decide the fate of many, but Frodo, Sam and Gollum will decide the fate of the world," she said mysteriously.

"Lady Galadriel, I will give my life if necessary to help the fellowship, but why can't I help Frodo?"

Galadriel only smiled at her and drew a fine elf knife.

"Lady Galadriel, no!" Hermione shouted, seeing Galadriel cut off not a lock, but all her long hair.

"I will soon go to the everlasting lands and I will continue to be Galadriel, I will not need this," she said, giving to her the hair that was blonde and silvery at the same time.

"I, I don't understand..."

"You will forge your power with them in the future, when the things that live are no longer and will take away the sorrow from your heart by giving you long awaited encounters," she said to her, and with this she left elegantly.

.

.

The next morning, Lady Galadriel bid farewell to all the members of the fellowship by giving each of them a gift. Hermione was given the knife with which she cut her hair, carrying an exquisite silver case with several tiny diamonds on the surface.