Victory

I HATE THE MIDDLE AGES

Chapter 13: Victory

(The return of the King)

The day of the attack came and the girl saw with horror that the number of orcs dwarfed Saruman's army.

"I better attack immediately Gandalf."

"I thank you for the value of your long distance spells Hermione."

The witch went up to the second level of the city and began bombarding the army with the spell Bombarda Maxima, not even bothered to aim, and that was that there were so many orcs in the distance resembling a black tide.

As soon as the assault towers appeared and the catapults, Hermione gave account of them, however, the orcs rushed the march and already arrived at the defensive wall erected by order of Hermione.

Unlike Saruman's army which was commanded by cruel foremen, Sauron's multitudinous army was commanded by the leader of the nazgul and other experienced captains. They stopped the advance of the assault towers and catapults, and ordered the orcs to first tear down the weak wooden and rock wall.

"Gandalf, they became smart and no longer send siege machines," Hermione informed the magician.

"That I fear, they will surely remove every last rock to pass later."

Hermione continued to attack, but that did not stop the orc from clearing all the way.

Once the orcs were able to pass, they tried to exterminate the guards of the outer wall, but thanks to Hermione's magic, no archer was injured.

The siege machines advanced and Hermione began to attack them, but then the enemy commanders commanded the orcs to go to the outer wall of the city and climb the walls using ladders which once they reached their destination were tied to each other to lengthen their size and thus be able to take the first line of defense.

The orcs suffered many casualties due to boilers with molten lead or boiling oil, but possessed by an insane fury they were still trying to climb. Hermione, who went with Gandalf in grey shadow, barely managed to increase the amount of lethal liquid in each cauldron.

"It's not working, Gandalf! They don't need assault towers to climb up the wall and I can't be behind every cauldron at the same time."

"Chestnut lstari, assault towers and catapults are advancing again!" one of the captains informed him. The magician looked at the girl in a worried way.

"Let's leave the guards to protect the wall and concentrate on the siege machines," Gandalf suggested.

Hermione went with Gandalf from one end of the wall to the other and began to destroy the siege machines.

"The catapults are shooting at us!" Hermione had to go to another section of the wall to destroy them, but as soon as she destroyed them, they informed her that other catapults were firing at the other end of the wall.

"Hermione can't do it all alone!" Shouted Gandalf, "shoot the catapults of the city," he commanded, and massive catapults threw huge pieces of walls at the orcs. However, the catapults and their endowment of men were immobile and were destroyed by the nazgul in their winged mounts.